IGNORED

Someone tried hunting my stand opening day

MZ7Extreme

16 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

If you're breaking the rules, you can't get too mad at the other guy who breaks the rules and uses the stuff you're using to break the rules. Yeah, we shouldn't hunt other people's stands. NJ rules say we shouldn't leave our stands up all year long on public lands. And we shouldn't have multiple stands. Yet I see the utility of multiple stands. And at some times it might make sense to leave them up all year...but it's not legal to do so. So if some guy steps up and breaks the rules to use the stand you broke the rules to put/leave up, you don't really have a case. Share it and admit you're both rule breakers. And stop mouthing off here as if you're some innocent victim. 

As already said that is not a rule on wma,  that is a rule on some county and federal land

Just now, vdep217 said:

As already said that is not a rule on wma,  that is a rule on some county and federal land

as I already said, I recognize it's not a rule on WMA land. But that doesn't invalidate my point for any land beyond the WMA....if you ain't allowed to keep your stand up, or to put mutiple ones up, then you can't quarrel with the guy who sits in them.  Where it's allowed, of course you can

33 minutes ago, Thats5 said:

Another Guy That whats to Scatter Stands all over , hunt them a couple times and it's "His" Spot... No Name and Number on Stand.. It's Abandoned!! 

So an active bait pile is abandoned?  I have a stand I bait most of the year and will not hunt it until 1 a deer shows up i want to take and 2 the conditions are right..  on wma land there is nothing saying you need a name and number on your stand or some twp property I hunt. 

If someone hunts the area so be it.

No, I am not talking about active bait piles.. I think you could figure out what I mean when I say abandoned... I am talking about Stands that you never see anyone in for years .. No Bait  piles or signs of any human life.. It's not cool.. I feel that all Stands should be labeled Yearly...You can't tell me you have never seen Stands that have no life in them for Long Periods of time.. 

33 minutes ago, Thats5 said:

No, I am not talking about active bait piles.. I think you could figure out what I mean when I say abandoned... I am talking about Stands that you never see anyone in for years .. No Bait  piles or signs of any human life.. It's not cool.. I feel that all Stands should be labeled Yearly...You can't tell me you have never seen Stands that have no life in them for Long Periods of time.. 

personally i am in my second year of watching such a spot.  The seat is always filled with pine needles, no cam, no bait, never find boot prints. But i want to really make sure before i set out a cam close by.  I would not want to mess up someone else. So doing my homework before i move in with a cam.

10 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

You people need to hunt...

8 pages of  bullshit, 8 pages of hypotheticals and opinions.

GO HUNT!

You aint kidding. I cant believe this thread is still going. 

Take your stand in, take your stand out. 

Dont touch what is not yours

www.liftxrentals.com

Whew this turned a little sour. Proof some people are incapable of accepting other people's opinions and hunting styles. Let me throw my hat in the ring: The young hunter was wrong for just hopping in a stand. Me personally, I also believe leaving stands up year round to "claim" a public spot is also wrong. But hey, it isn't my story nor is it my hunt.

• 3 weeks later...

The public land blues. You take what you get in this asinine state. They should definitely limit the stands you can have in a zone. Enforcement might be an issue, but where there is a will ther is a way.

I need to go check my one stand on club ground where a guy took advantage of my handicap and baited it.. I read him the riot act after he said he was baiting it for me. Yeah right, you were polluting the spot with 200 pounds of corn just for me. What a guy. How freakin' generous....:down:

Then he gave up the ghost in is eyes when I mentioned a camera I had there previously went missing. I never want to see that sad sack near my stand again. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

3 minutes of my life skimming through , that I'll never get back. :(   at least I'm being paid 

Public is Public , while ethics is a topic unto itself, you cant leave anything behind with the assumption that people have the same ethics as you. Personally I wouldn't go near or use anyone's anything, but I also wouldn't get bent out of shape if someone was in my stand or blind if i wasn't there first. Its the gamble we all take. Don't leave anything  behind that you'll miss.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, MZ7Extreme said:

I went to check my stand August 31st, to just check straps and so on and noticed a camera and block of bait literally in front of my stand. I said this isn't good so I set up my cell camera....

My link micro let me know and I paid a visit to the upstanding young hunter who felt it was cool to hunt a person's stand.

Walked up to the area and the fine ethical hunter said hello, and my reply was wanna get the eff out of my stand. He didnt know what to say, then he was like I'm sorry I thought it was abandoned, I said why would you think that, he my friend set me up here because he said no one came here for 3 months. I said, so someone doesn't come to their stand in the summer for 3 months its abandoned?! I said it again get out of my stand.  He was praying lmao, I promised him to not touch him while laughing, he got down and kept apologizing. I was like please get your camera and your block of bait out of here.

He started walking out and I said where are you going, he said the way I came, I looked at him and said you walked right through their freaking bedding area, stop and follow me.

I showed him the way out and that was that.

After this I decided to jump in my truck and go to his buddies truck and have a little talk.

Get the truck and there was the fine ethical hunter waiting for his buddy.

I then saw a guy walking towards the truck and went over to him and said what's up? So you're the guy who thought its co to sit someone's stand? He was like it looked abandoned, I said it's not. I only check my stands in late spring and last week in August to just check out straps and stuff.

You shouldn't think it's ok, because all the guys I know dont go anywhere near their stand except to just check on them once maybe twice, he said that's weird.

I said well the least amount of intrusion the better, and I dont bait. He said well I've been hunting 15 years and always go and blah blah, I said well maybe you didn't learn ethics or how to make ethical decisions, if you need a lesson I am here to help🙂

Next day I went to go check my stand again and they were hiding in the woods, I yelled to them no need to hide I saw you already , come on out... they left😂.

They did take their cam and block and I did try to offer a thanks but they were gone.

Welp that's all folks!

You really showed them who was boss!💪💪😆

On 9/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, tcook8296 said:

You aint kidding. I cant believe this thread is still going. 

Take your stand in, take your stand out. 

Dont touch what is not yours

agree but if everyone took their stand in and took their stand out, there would be nothing out there for others to touch that isnt theirs.