IGNORED

Someone tried hunting my stand opening day

MZ7Extreme

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Come on. All in good fun! Lol you came on to complain about something while inadvertently admitting you illegally Hold spots on public land. Personally that’s more unethical than someone taking an abandoned stand lol. 

Actually I just wanted to share a story and the same people that always have assumptions and things to say chime in.

Maybe stop assuming you know anything about why I posted it. How about that lol.

9 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

2, one on one piece and aanother on another.

And noth have my name and number on them.

That's great I can respect that. It felt like you took great pleasure in intimidating these young kids. 

Hopefully, if you meet again, you can work it out. We need to stick together. Good Luck

ps. At least they didn't steal them

2 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

That's great I can respect that. It felt like you took great pleasure in intimidating these young kids. 

Hopefully, if you meet again, you can work it out. We need to stick together. Good Luck

ps. At least they didn't steal them

Actually I did tell him where to go and what exactly to do to see deer. I gave them my number also.

I alwaus give info on this area, beccause that's who I am.

Anyway I'm out enjoy the site.

I believe the "you can't leave tree stands out on public land all year" is referring to State Parks and Forests. I looked this up a couple years ago.

You can leave stands out all year on  WMAs, I've never seen any statute or rule saying you can't (if someone knows of the rule or law, post here - I've never seen it - I don't think there is a rule on WMAs, but I'm willing to be corrected on this.  I just haven't seen it.).

However, I have seen rules put out saying all stands on State Parks and Forests must be removed within 14 days of the season closing AND you can't put them up until 30 days to the start of the season AND you can only have 1 out AND you must put your CID number on your stand.

But this is ONLY for State Parks and Forests.

For this, see: 

https://www.njparksandforests.org/stand-blind_policy.htm

1. The temporary use of stands or blinds while hunting shall be permitted on land and waters administered by the State Park Service by individuals registered and licensed by the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife wherever the harvesting of game is permitted.

2. Stands or blinds may be erected thirty (30) days prior to the starting date of the hunting season and may remain in place until fourteen (14) days after the closing date.  The term “season” used herein shall be commensurate with the specific time of year of the license type and special permit possessed by the individual. Stands or blinds that remain outside the permissible time periods shall be considered as abandoned and shall be subject to the provisions of the “SPS Lost and Found Policy 2.09”.

3. The presence and use of stands or blinds shall not infer or grant exclusive use of the immediate or contiguous properties surrounding the equipment.

4. Stands or blinds shall be considered as personally-owned equipment and the State warrants no protections from loss, use by others or theft.

5. Stands or blinds are required to be conspicuously marked with the owner’s Conservation Identification Number (CID) and other contact information.

6. Stands or blinds shall not be placed in dead trees or those exhibiting signs of disease.

7. The use of spikes, nails, screws or any other fastening device that pierces a tree or shrub is expressly prohibited.

8. Hunters may deploy and use only one (1) stand or blind at any given point in time.
Edited by mazzgolf

Stories always provoke reading and replying.  You can't possibly expect people not to reply or ask questions, especially considering it sounds like public land hunting (otherwise you would have been telling a story about trespassing).  And it's certainly going to meet criticism and varying opinions when hunting on public lands whereas personal "ethics" vary.  Ethics aren't laws, although with our own personal ethics we often wish others would follow them (but they often do not).  You can't blame members or the site because people replied and some disagreed, that's why they are here on the site...to discuss hunting related topics and stories.  In fact, I saw a few replies being VERY (and appreciatively) careful to not try and attack your position but rather simply disagree with it.  Are you blaming the site or members because people disagreed?  What was your expectation of posting the story?  You post it, everyone reads it but no one replies or only people with your same "ethics" reply or simply a "cool story" reply?  Serious question, as that is the crux of the issue in you leaving, which seems unnecessary.

I hunt public land often, have for many years, and sooner or later you're going to run into other hunters.  Right now I have a guy setup a couple hundred yards from me with 10,000+ acres to mess around with.  I've hunted there for probably 15+ years now, lots of sentimental memories hunting with my father, etc...so I continue to hunt it.  We're both baiting (seems silly) and hunting the same deer.  What can I do?  Nothing.  It's public land.  Sometimes you have to look at both sides of the coin and compromise, hopefully both parties are understanding.  Again, often times they are not.  I tried to talk to the hunter, and he even admitted he set up AFTER he found my stand.  Now it's him and two others hunting by that area.  My personal ethics, if I found someone else's stand, I'm going far away.  If I spoke with the person and they nicely explained the situation and their history of hunting there and that 4 people hunting the same small herd of deer on 10,000+ acres is kinda silly, I'd move on.  No such luck, welcome to NJ hunting on public land.  That's my story...