IGNORED

Several Site Issues Since Thursday

11 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Yes.  Hard shutdown of phone.  All caches wiped.  

99.9% of the time I'm on my mobile.  I did bring up the site on my laptop earlier and didn't have any issues for the hour or so I was on.  

I think some share the ad overlap.  I've reported that one.  I'll have to get a better screenshot of the full screen ad issue from you or Greybeard to send over.

502 wise, that's some kind of networking issue between the CDN and site but it's only happening for you which is odd.   Are you running any kind of VPN on your phone but not on your desktop/laptop?

6 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I think some share the ad overlap.  I've reported that one.  I'll have to get a better screenshot of the full screen ad issue from you or Greybeard to send over.

502 wise, that's some kind of networking issue between the CDN and site but it's only happening for you which is odd.   Are you running any kind of VPN on your phone but not on your desktop/laptop?

I posted the border screenshot in my original post.  That blue ad overlayed the content and nothing I did made it go away.   If I have the other full screen ad thing happen, I'll screenshot it.

No VPN or anything special at all.   The BB 502 error was happening on my work wifi, my home wifi, and on cellular service, both on mobile and "desktop" version of the site on my phone.  Phone is a Galaxy Note 9.  

11 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I posted the border screenshot in my original post.  That blue ad overlayed the content and nothing I did made it go away.   If I have the other full screen ad thing happen, I'll screenshot it.

No VPN or anything special at all.   The BB 502 error was happening on my work wifi, my home wifi, and on cellular service, both on mobile and "desktop" version of the site on my phone.  Phone is a Galaxy Note 9.  

@Tarhunt has the Galaxy 9 as well and was having all kinds of issues.  I had him do a hard shutdown and when he powered it back on he said everything was good after that.

Forced Restart

If you’ve been familiar with the battery pull procedure, then this is its equivalent. The battery pull is done to phones with user-removable batteries but this one is performed on phones like the Galaxy S9 Plus with non-removable batteries. To do it you just have to press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds or more and your device may boot up normally. Do this a couple more times if your phone doesn’t turn on after doing it for the first time.

You may also try the following:

1. Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it yet.
  2. Press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
  3. Keep both keys held down for 10 seconds or more.

The second procedure is basically the same as the first only that we’re making sure this time that the power key is pressed and held after the volume down button because doing otherwise won’t give you the same result. If this fails as well, then you should try the next procedure.

12 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

@Tarhunt has the Galaxy 9 as well and was having all kinds of issues.  I had him do a hard shutdown and when he powered it back on he said everything was good after that.

Forced Restart

If you’ve been familiar with the battery pull procedure, then this is its equivalent. The battery pull is done to phones with user-removable batteries but this one is performed on phones like the Galaxy S9 Plus with non-removable batteries. To do it you just have to press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds or more and your device may boot up normally. Do this a couple more times if your phone doesn’t turn on after doing it for the first time.

You may also try the following:

1. Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it yet.
  2. Press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
  3. Keep both keys held down for 10 seconds or more.

The second procedure is basically the same as the first only that we’re making sure this time that the power key is pressed and held after the volume down button because doing otherwise won’t give you the same result. If this fails as well, then you should try the next procedure.

Just did that procedure.  Came back.  Tried a few things and...520 error.  

Edited by not on the rug

5 minutes ago, jerseyhunter said:

I can't reply using IE either and now firefox is underlineing everything.  Also is there a new format? most everything is blue.  I hate change.

See previous posts on IE/Edge.  Abandon ship! :)

Firefox is underlining everything?  Screenshot?

Shouldn't see as much blue now as the Themes have been updated.  You can access the Themes at the bottom of the page.  I would highly recommend using the default (Responsive), but some members still like the Desktop version.

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I'd generally agree with that, except no one else is seeing that error.  There is some kind of networking error going on or something on that device that is being cached (and no one else has).  But you said you've deleted all your cache, cookies, website data, etc...so that's baffling.

I just cleared all of the cookies too since I hadn't done that.  Last thing I can think of