IGNORED

Got My Deer a Day Before The Season Fluke Fishing

Zipper

Took my cousin fluke fishing yesterday afternoon to catch the tide. Wound up with 3 keepers between us in windy conditions. The surprise came when coming back to the ramp. A six point buck jumped in the Pt Pleasant  canal and drown. It was dead and the Marine Police were on scene taking the report. A short time later the Public Works Dept  shows up to remove the buck. I hope they ate good  last night!

20200911_153552.jpg

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

Wow  he must have been in for a while not able to get out usually they can swim a long way. I have see them swim across the Delaware River near Bordentown with ease.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

13 minutes ago, bushden said:

Wow  he must have been in for a while not able to get out usually they can swim a long way. I have see them swim across the Delaware River near Bordentown with ease.

Yep they are excellent swimmers.  Apparently when they get in the canal and are trapped by the steel walls on each side they panic and die. The officials at the scene stated this happens a few times a year.  Sad deal.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW