IGNORED

Thoughts on Tacoma pick up.

12 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I've been in F250s and F350s since my first brand new 250 in 1986. All lifted at some point. The 86 was flawless. Sold for half of what I paid for it 11 years later. The 97 F350 had the 7.3 which had early cam sensor issues. Once International figured that out the truck went 256k before I sold it for 14k in 2011. The 2011 350 had 186k before it was totalled in a wreck in 2019. Only issue I had was a replacement AC compressor replaced under warranty. The 2019  350 has been awesome so far. I've had great luck with my trucks.

Great testimony.  I hope you don't mind me posting the video of you helping the Toyota out of the mud.  Nice job.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I think I could probably fit one in the bed of my truck, would be nice to use as a 4 wheeler or something.   I heard they have good warranties.  Give you a new frame after they rust out in 3 years.

Had mine 11 years. Not a drop of rust. Ur “big boy trucks” don’t last long enough to rust. 

12 hours ago, Kype said:

ford sucks. we have nothing but fords at work and nothing but problems. some companies i know sell there fords at 100,000 miles. not worth the head aches. 

where i work we are slowly converting the fords to toyotas. one tacoma at work has 160,000 miles. and not a damn thing is wrong with it...

one guy i knew had a tacoma with 320,000 miles on it BEFORE it stopped counting miles. gave the tacoma to another guy and he drove it for another 2 years...

another guy i know is from costa rica and we talk every now and again. he saw my tacoma and said they have tacomas in his country that are still running from the 1980s. 

That's pretty cool since they didn't make Tacomas until 95.

And it's towng capacity is  the second lowest of all trucks built .

It only beats the Nissan frontier .

Keep drinking the koolaid

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

If I've said it once on this board I've said it a thousand times: If you want the best 3/4 or 1 ton, buy a Ford Super Duty.  If you want the best compact pickup, buy a Toyota.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Bought my "last" vehicle,  4Runner TRD last summer (Tacomas with a body) and so far love it.  Gets just over 20 mpg overall, same as my 2003 Honda Element, but does not have quite the highway ride of my 2001 Yukon, but I tend to keep my vehicles as you can tell. Interior could be a little roomier, but if you are "normal size", it's perfect. I wanted something that could tow like the Yukon, Park like the Honda and Last till the end.

I have a 2016 TRD Off Road with the Double Cab. I’ve put 140,000 miles on it and it’s just cost me routine maintenance. I use and abuse this thing which is why I went with the Tacoma. My American made vehicles can’t withstand what I put the Toyota through. It has towed my 18’ CC without a problem. Handles off road better than any truck I’ve had. There will be two problems you consistently hear about. 1. Rough ride and 2. The gear hunting, some people say it’s doesn’t shift right. You’ll notice both on your test drive. The gear hunting I noticed when I first bought the truck. I would pound on the gas though, I started to drive it smoother and I noticed that the car almost learned my drive style. When I would haul on it I would average 18 mpg. Now that I drive normal I average 21 mpg and notice a much overall smoother drive. Good luck with the buy, you won’t be disappointed by the resale value. I plan on having mine at least another 8 years. Which is why I originally turned to Toyota. 

1 hour ago, BHC said:

Prior to 1995 Toyota simply called it TRUCK, then 1995 the name TACOMA came into play....so yeah the TRUCK or as we now know it as TACOMA has been around in the 80s

Wrong , there were five generations of small trucks before branding a name and the first generation with the addition of the 1995 tacoma.

saying that they are all Tacomas is like saying the Colorado is just a Chevy Luv

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

All these claims about Toyotas lasting 140 150K . BIG DEAL A real truck isnt even broke in at that milage..

LOTS of vehicles that are lasting well over 300K and are still daily drivers

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

The big deal about Tacoma’s is that they take nothing but maintenance to get 300,000. I’ll see in a few years with mine what it’ll actually take. If you want to spend the money you  can get any vehicle to 300,000. 

Most people don’t get the Tacoma for towing purposes, it’s a midsize truck.  However if they want to also tow with it they can simply get the Towing Package which almost doubles their towing capacity. My Tacoma had a similar towing capacity to the F150 I was looking at as well.