Whos looking forward to bear season?

I never was interested in hunting bear.  Not going to cut into deer hunting for one, drag one out, or take room up in freezer when I would rather eat venison.  My son might get his license again this year since he had a big fat one on camera.  

I think I am all bear'd out............  I'd rather see the population explode and the bears extend their range further into suburban and urban areas so those jackasses that are against the hunt can experience what us rural folk have had to deal with.  Let the bears wreak havoc.....................

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Haha 1

I only keep the skull and sometimes tan the skin, not expensive at all.  I try to focus on bears that are a good looking bear of about 175-250# so I can handle them alone.  They are fun to hunt and do not have to be baited.  They are very predictable on natural foods but you have to do your homework.  I will always do my part and take a few out in my hunting areas because they are pests and a devastating predator (mainly fawns).  I’ve killed a few with cal lithe morning in, really exciting!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have always enjoyed a good bear hunt. I’m going this year. I’m not baiting. I am going to try to take a couple off my buddies property as he has a ton. I will get a rug done if I connect. I already have 2 mounts and a rug. 

Bear hunting is my favorite hunting.  Although I don’t hunt bear in NJ cause I only hunt public here.  But back home in the mountains of PA we all get together a big group and we push the laurel swamps and the big mountains.  No baiting just fair chase hunting.  I went 14 years without getting a bear.  Crawling through laurels ending up waist deep in a bog.  But when I got my bear it made it that much sweater!  Good luck to everyone!  Put em down! Attached a few pics from the last probably 4-5 years.  Last year was a slow year out bears out but no shots. 

F19068FD-F089-4380-AA5F-AE515F414A8D.png

067A48D0-C7C8-46E0-9F31-6D0CE6242142.jpeg

ECCABBB1-C44A-40B2-900F-5207896D7739.jpeg

73439A30-BEEC-42BD-8945-0E3ABBC2265D.jpeg

AF0C0D5A-28C2-4451-9997-FBC0B2CB9B42.jpeg

9D6A6DC1-9947-4DEA-A71C-FEECCD23B915.jpeg

6C0E02D0-C576-4C97-B943-82A9BFE02CA2.jpeg

9DD91356-D50A-4187-A9E2-677AA0BFA22A.jpeg

• Like 2

Y'all know I have had GIANT bears for years on end, going back to 2002 since I moved to Z5...   Last year and this - just little ones...  If I wanted to bear hunt nothing but bears under 175 lbs to choose from.  I think the hunt has effectively reduced the population of mature bears but sure there are still some to be found but not like it was...   There is no shortage of juveniles out there though... 

I have been on 3 out of state bear hunts, Maine over bait, Montana spot and stalk and Arizona with hounds and never saw a single bear on any hunt. I hope you all have better luck than me.

2 hours ago, Bojaffa said:

Question for guys who have taken a bear or maybe more: Do you always have some taxidermy work done to the bear? Like a rug or some type of mount? Or do some just take the meat and discard the rest?   
    Most guys I know that wanted a bear or two have taken them and are done with it. Like mentioned above it’s a lot of work and time. Bear numbers will be exploding. 

Just get the pelt done and throw it on the couch. 

1720A1E1-985B-472E-B049-5F6ECC4AD152.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tpr1921 said:

I have been on 3 out of state bear hunts, Maine over bait, Montana spot and stalk and Arizona with hounds and never saw a single bear on any hunt. I hope you all have better luck than me.

Try Spring hunt in New Brunswick. You will see many.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1