IGNORED

Modular Home experience?

allmann

I recently sold my house, with no inventory i ended up moving in with my in-laws. We have been searching for houses but there isn't anything we want that isn't priced ridiculously high right now. So now we are thinking of buying/building a modular. I am looking for any experience or suggestions that will be helpful in our search or decision making. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I personally wouldnt go with a modular home. 

I have yet to see one with any type of quality. 

If you are capable, I would look for a building lot and build a house from the ground up. 

Sub out the stuff you cant do. 

Right now however, everything is more expensive. 

Building materials are scarce and prices have gone up quite a bit due Covid 19. 

You can get a lot more for your money. 

You are in a good spot with your house being sold. 

You need to have your finances in order as well as lending commitments because you have to move quick on anything existing. Houses by me in the country sell usually within a week if its anything good. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Kevin,

The house behind is modular. The original owners divorced and I can't contact them to get any info for you.

But, they had no issues with it nor do the current owners. If you want I'll try to find out who the manufacturer was.

And where would you consider moving, I have a friend in real estate in my area.

Bob

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

I would not build a house right now. I have alot of contractor friends that build houses in NJ and all of them are behind schedule because, of supply shortages. They've all been told that it will not likely get better until next Spring. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

8 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

Kevin,

The house behind is modular. The original owners divorced and I can't contact them to get any info for you.

But, they had no issues with it nor do the current owners. If you want I'll try to find out who the manufacturer was.

And where would you consider moving, I have a friend in real estate in my area.

Bob

Bob

I would love to live out by you, but the misses has a say too. I don't think it would be a hard sell though.  She would like to go to whiting or somewhere like that, but open to anything. The market is crazy right now and houses are few and far between. The one that are out there are priced high as hell for what they are. If you hear of anything out by you, I am all ears. As for realtor, my mother in-law is who I am using. Thank you.

Thanks for all the replies 

Someone I knew built a modular.  The site work/foundation takes the same amount of effort as a stick built one.  Also the width of the house is fixed at something like 26 feet with the interior wall being around 1 foot wide.  If I was building a home 30 foot wide would be the minimum.   

Edited by CJ3a

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.