IGNORED

Took all summer...

deletereturnshift

Nice, I am sure it will be 1st of many in the future.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

18 minutes ago, deletereturnshift said:

I tried ned rigs (craws, short worms), Texas rigged soft plastics (craws, worms, lizards), Frogs, Poppers, Jigs, and hard baits. 

I had a few bites, with a variety of things. I lost two bass two weeks in a row and it was the worst! One was a few feet from the bank and it just spit the lure out. 

I caught this guy on a Googan Squad Mini Banger, it's a smaller square bill. It was the Ghost Gill color. Saw some little blue gill swimming around so I figured that is what they were feeding on.  

try senkos hooked wacky style. those never failed me. also try tubes. cast out and jig them back to you.  

if you want some real fun try fly casting for river smallmouth bass. its great. ill take you. and with alot of patience fly gear carp fishing is even better. its not hard, just need the right hooks and patterns. cast above and make sure your fly is on the bottom where you see feeding carp. hook up everytime. 1/4 are landed. 3/4 are hook up and fall/break off. need 8 weight fly rod. and long leader. 

40 minutes ago, Kype said:

try senkos hooked wacky style. those never failed me. also try tubes. cast out and jig them back to you.  

if you want some real fun try fly casting for river smallmouth bass. its great. ill take you. and with alot of patience fly gear carp fishing is even better. its not hard, just need the right hooks and patterns. cast above and make sure your fly is on the bottom where you see feeding carp. hook up everytime. 1/4 are landed. 3/4 are hook up and fall/break off. need 8 weight fly rod. and long leader. 

Will definitely try wacky rigs next. 

Fly casting is definitely on my list of things to try. I just started fishing this year so I started with panfish with a spinning rod, then moved up to bass fishing with a bait caster. I missed out on trout season this year, but hopefully will give it a go this fall. Going fly fishing would be awesome.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member

22 minutes ago, deletereturnshift said:

Will definitely try wacky rigs next. 

Fly casting is definitely on my list of things to try. I just started fishing this year so I started with panfish with a spinning rod, then moved up to bass fishing with a bait caster. I missed out on trout season this year, but hopefully will give it a go this fall. Going fly fishing would be awesome.

pm me. lets go.  always nice to show someone and grow the sport. i  caught a sunnie on a floating beetle when i was 18. i never stopped fly fishing. also hooked something the same year at round valley casting off the rocks. i was fishing a black wooley bugger with crystal flash, sinking tip. all i felt was 3 big head shakes and it was off. it was 530 in the morning. ill never forget that because it was then i realized i could catch big fish with fly gear. 

• 3 months later...
I tried ned rigs (craws, short worms), Texas rigged soft plastics (craws, worms, lizards), Frogs, Poppers, Jigs, and hard baits. 
I had a few bites, with a variety of things. I lost two bass two weeks in a row and it was the worst! One was a few feet from the bank and it just spit the lure out. 
I caught this guy on a Googan Squad Mini Banger, it's a smaller square bill. It was the Ghost Gill color. Saw some little blue gill swimming around so I figured that is what they were feeding on.  

Nice job! I fished all summer on almost exclusively soft plastics. Had very good success with senkos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk