IGNORED

SITKA Fanatic Jacket... FOR SALE!

B B

On 9/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, B B said:

You guys do know it's going to get cold eventually, right?!

I think your issue here is your price. A brand new one from Sitka themselves is $450. Your selling one used. Depending on when you bought it and what model there have also been a few changes. I have all their shit already so I’m just trying to help 

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

this is for late season winter hunting. If it’s raining it’s to hot for this jacket. If it’s snowing you will stay dry. 

it rains when it's 35 degrees out, as a matter of fact it rains in the winter. for the price they could have used regular waterproof GoreTex. 

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

You have no argument from me, I’m just trying to convey information. I had this jacket so I’m trying to help

to be honest I have the vest and it IS warm I just can't justify the price without Gore-tex. I cant understand how polyester has replaced all the other tried and proven fabrics either..

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter458 said:

to be honest I have the vest and it IS warm I just can't justify the price without Gore-tex. I cant understand how polyester has replaced all the other tried and proven fabrics either..

Gore-Tex is old technology and it only works for a while. I have goretex boots and rain gear I paid over $300 for and they now let the water through. There is much better, light clothing out there, you put over your outer wear, that will never leak. 

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Gore-Tex is old technology and it only works for a while. I have goretex boots and rain gear I paid over $300 for and they now let the water through. There is much better, light clothing out there, you put over your outer wear, that will never leak. 

mine did too but i called Goretex and followed their procedures and received a new pair in the mail, their warranty  goes beyond the manufacturers one.

1 hour ago, Gman said:

I prefer First Lite over Sitka. what do you all say?

Most people will not try 2 high end products, it gets too expensive. I looked at First light and it looks good but I never put my hands on it. I have Sitka bibs and I had then return their fanatic jacket. Very well made, high quality gear. 

23 hours ago, Gman said:

I prefer First Lite over Sitka. what do you all say?

I’m lucky enough to be part of the Sitka Pro program so I wear it for waterfowl/deer.  I think it is the most “thought out” equipment there is and if you can afford the “system” there is no better on the market.  

that said- I have first lite base layers/pants/vest/jacket that are amazing. I wear for every day use and upland. Their uncompadha (spelling way off) puffy is the warmest/weight ratio jacket I’ve ever worn. Have the vest too. 

yes I push people to Sitka but I also tell people to mix and match for most comfort/bang for your buck. Base layers and shell- get the best you can afford. Everything else- just use what you have. 

Edited by Hawkeye57