IGNORED

Controlling wifes

MPSR

There are only two solutions to that problem:
1.  DON'T GET MARRIED, if you live with her you can tell her to leave or you leave
2.  the other is JOIN THE MILITARY then you just tell her your are preparing for deployment and going on a training exercise and just following orders.

I know a fella, in the Reserves who uses “training” to do all kinds of “stuff”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tuck said:

I agree.  Why would you use your wife as an excuse??  Just setting your relationship up for trouble.  Seems to me the guys using their wife as an excuse are the ones that need to hand in the man card.

Man up and tell your buddy the real deal.  

Buddy is loosely defined. 

I have buddies and I have friends. There’s a difference. 

31 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I know a fella, in the Reserves who uses “training” to do all kinds of “stuff”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That works to.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  We had an agreement from the get go, never mess with my hunting or the gym.  It's not about me wanting to do what I want to do it's about my mental status.  She stuck to her word 99%.  I've hunted alone nearly all my life, very few times did I deer hunt with other people, but I will say this, when my wife got her license a few years ago I really enjoyed going together to the point I started getting pissed when she couldn't go.  I also know that she doesn't like the cold AT ALL so eventually she's done once the "cold" weather sets in.  Mind you her idea of cold is 70 and below :nerd:

And if a guy has to use his wife as an excuse cause they don't want to tell their friend they don't want to do something, then something ain't right. 

Edited by B B

When my wife and I first had our kids, I hardly even went hunting because, of raising them, school activities,trying to get a business off of the ground and paying a mortgage. I would hunt and fish maybe 6 times a year and still caught alot of grief. Now, since the kids are gone, she leaves the front door open and my truck engine running. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

They are whipped, its disrespectful if a wife limits her husband and vise versa....when turkey,  deer, bear season comes she doesn't say a word, scouting, checking cams she says nothing.....time with her and kids are always #1. Last week my wife went to Windcreek with her cousin I didn't stop her, we respect each other. 

Guys if you allow your wife, or girlfriend to control you just change your name to Karen, go buy yourself some tampons and midols, and go from hunting to home decorating as a hobby

Damn grow a set!!

Edited by BHC

7 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I know I will get some slack about this....it isn't always about your wife. I feel guilty leaving the kids, sometimes. I love to tuna fish (as many know), but missed MANY invites to go this year due to promises to kids. OR sometimes use the wife as an excuse.....

Nick I can't imagine ANYONE on here that would bust your stones... Right @LPJR ?

Personally - sorta glad you didn't bow hunt last rut...  Happy Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

29 minutes ago, Stevenscott704 said:

That's one of the top 35 reasons she is now my ex-wife!  A grown man should not have to ask permission to do anything...neither should the wife.

I am married for 32 years and never once I asked permission to do something, neither has my wife. We tell each other what we are doing and wish each other fun. However, when kids were young both of us had one priority and that was be with our kids as much as possible. We never shifted the responsibility of raising our kids on each other, we fought for it. 

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I know I will get some slack about this....it isn't always about your wife. I feel guilty leaving the kids, sometimes. I love to tuna fish (as many know), but missed MANY invites to go this year due to promises to kids. OR sometimes use the wife as an excuse.....

That’s called being a good father Nick

AWM