Controlling wifes

34 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I know I will get some slack about this....it isn't always about your wife. I feel guilty leaving the kids, sometimes. I love to tuna fish (as many know), but missed MANY invites to go this year due to promises to kids. OR sometimes use the wife as an excuse.....

That's a completely different story. You feel you need to be with your kids as in oppose your wife is telling you No Hunting you reached you limit of 2

I lost two hunting friends to their crazy wives. I could never understand how and why one would stay in a relationship like this. Life is so short don't waste a minute.

10 hours ago, MPSR said:

Headed up state yesterday and today to look at a farm with a few buddies. Asked some others to come that have been laid off of work or who work flexible hours like me..

Wow, all the comments and messages were shocking. Here are just some that were heard. 

1. Have to check with the wife. I went scouting 2 months ago, she may get mad... LOL!

2. She does not trust me.

3. You have to many things to fix around the house.

4. You have to clean the house, mow the grass, my family is coming.

5. I haven't spend time with my girl friends, why do you get to go..

Any of you deal with this with your friends..? Thank the lord that isn't me.

There are only two solutions to that problem:

1.  DON'T GET MARRIED, if you live with her you can tell her to leave or you leave

2.  the other is JOIN THE MILITARY then you just tell her your are preparing for deployment and going on a training exercise and just following orders.

Edited by bushden
8 minutes ago, bushden said:

There are only two solutions to that problem:

1.  DON'T GET MARRIED, if you live with her you can tell her to leave or you leave

2.  the other is JOIN THE MILITARY then you just tell her your are preparing for deployment and going on a training exercise and just following orders.

as to # 1 my buddy is not married. He lives with her, they bought a house. She has a hold on him like you would not believe. Some guys are just made that way.

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

Some guys use it as a convenient excuse.

EXACTLY. i found guys do this all the time. mostly bc they have other hobbies or want to do other things. Maybe they dont want to play hockey twice a week or go hunting with you or fishing, or golfing or scouting or whatever reason they use the excuse. 

My wife is amazing and I can do whatever I want whenever I want. However, I have on MANY occassions, used the excuse "my wife needs me to do X or my wife will kill me if..." not remotely true but an easy excuse instead of "na man, i just dont want to do X with you"

Pretty sure the term "controlling wife" is poor gramer because it is redundant....ever notice guys you never hear from for years break up with the GF or wife & all of sudden they are around again for hunting & fishing ...for a little while until they meet the next one & disappear again.

Seriously, my ex didn't like all the hunting & fishing & eventually cheated on me so got divorced.  Never had any regret except for the effect on my kids.   I don't live full time with my gf since we each have our own house, so other than the occasional concert, show, party, etc., I pretty much do whatever I want whenever I want.  Life is good....

• Like 2

Every relationship has is compromises to keep the balance and everyone happy.  Due the increases in food prices my wife is demanding my son and I take at least 4 deer this year.  Is she controlling, heck yeah but in a good way.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

EXACTLY. i found guys do this all the time. mostly bc they have other hobbies or want to do other things. Maybe they dont want to play hockey twice a week or go hunting with you or fishing, or golfing or scouting or whatever reason they use the excuse. 

My wife is amazing and I can do whatever I want whenever I want. However, I have on MANY occassions, used the excuse "my wife needs me to do X or my wife will kill me if..." not remotely true but an easy excuse instead of "na man, i just dont want to do X with you"

I don’t know about you but if someone asks me to do something with them and I have other plans or don’t feel like it, I just yell them one or the other. Call me a lunatic 

My wife looks forward to it. If I stay home on a Saturday during hunting system she wants to know if I'm sick. 
My wife is the the same. When I get lazy she motivates me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I don’t know about you but if someone asks me to do something with them and I have other plans or don’t feel like it, I just yell them one or the other. Call me a lunatic 

I agree.  Why would you use your wife as an excuse??  Just setting your relationship up for trouble.  Seems to me the guys using their wife as an excuse are the ones that need to hand in the man card.

Man up and tell your buddy the real deal.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1