IGNORED

Fur Harvesters Auction

I watched with disdain on Youtube this morning, the Fur Harvester Auction live. Needless to say most of the common fur such as Coon, Muskrat, Fox, Mink to name a few went mostly unsold. But this was no surprise to me considering the current situation still going on with Covid-19. Hopefully there are better days ahead.

30 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Nothing sells right now. There is no market for giant tuna so I am not surprised abut fur

Tricky Dave from Tuna.com knows where to sell them, but he won't tell us or Marciano.  China and Russia are no longer buying furs. Animal rights activists scared the US market out of business. I trap now only for wildlife management and don't expect to sell any fur for the foreseeable future. It's a damn shame.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

6 hours ago, Psehunter said:

Yup , sucks I still have all the fur from this past season, hand no where to sell it. Going to just tan some of it and try to sell it in  my own and keep a few for wall hangers . Unfortunately  I probably won't be trapping this year because of that. Not in it for the money but not going to waste an animal for for reason.

I see your point. But we still must pratice Wildlife Management by doing some trapping. Plus if you trap on Private Property and do not trap this year, someone else may claim your territory. And you will be back to knocking on doors next time.

I usually focus on muskrat and the occasional mink. These smaller size furs are easy to ship through the mail or UPS. Somewhere, somebody will want them for their use or re-sale. Its not over until its over. I have shipped a lot of rats to GFW and Zander in the recent past. Will have to take a wait and see approach. I don't need a barn full of fur. Just enough for a reason to get out there.

I will stop trapping on the day that I die

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."