IGNORED

Would you consider this backyard huntable?

Taz_Pagri

I am in the process of buying a house and would like to be able to archery hunt in my backyard. Most of the houses we look at have large open woods behind them. This house however is a perfect house for us for everything other than hunting. It is 2.45 acres with houses boxing the property in on all sides. We saw a group of 5 does walking behind the house when we went to view it..

It's the epitome of suburban hunting.

What do you guys think? 

Screenshot_20200830-175331~2.png

Screenshot_20200830-175358~2.png

if hunting on your property is something you want, then you need to look for houses during the winter when there are no leaves on the trees. right now everything is fully grown. go back there in dec-march and everything will look much different. 

id say, if you have to ask, then dont do it. 

10 minutes ago, Kype said:

if hunting on your property is something you want, then you need to look for houses during the winter when there are no leaves on the trees. right now everything is fully grown. go back there in dec-march and everything will look much different. 

id say, if you have to ask, then dont do it. 

Are you saying the area will look much smaller being able to see through the woods to the other houses? 

That property is alittle to small, deer will most likely end up on someone else property. Of you get cool neighbors that don't care and will let you recover your deer then go for it. ...I have just under 3 ac myself and I've hunted it a few time but never pulled the trigger on anything. I'm too worried about where the deer is going to go after the shot. Not worth the headace in my opinion but yet I do I have the option to walk out my front door cross the street and be on legal public hunting land so for me it's a easy discussion. 

1 hour ago, Taz_Pagri said:

Are you saying the area will look much smaller being able to see through the woods to the other houses? 

yes. much better to look at houses during the winter, then summer. the summer hides things you normally would see in the winter months. just something to think about.