IGNORED

Mossburg pump

What  gun you shoot is not so important.  I agree with the Foster style slug recommendation as a first option.  A lot depends on the choke  of the barrel when shooting slugs through a smoothbore.   I have found that Improved Cylinder or skeet choke gives me the best performance.  

One last thing...  Shotgun barrels are thin and heat up fast.   As the barrel heats up, the point of impact changes.  In my two guns it goes up, as much as a couple or three inches at 50 yds.  You need to let the barrel cool down after each shot if you are trying to sight in.    

FWIW, I have a 20 ga. Browning A-5 that will shoot Remington brand Foster style slugs pretty well.  I attached a rear sight to the vent rib and can keep all my shots within about 8" at 70 yards, which is about as far as i want to shoot anyway.

RayG  

Thanks for the reply, I bought this gun as a deer gun at least 30 years ago with a scope. At the time, they were out of rifled barrels, so this is what I got. I'm fairly sure it has an Imp. Cylinder  barrel.  I haven't used this gun since then, so I'm just looking to sight it in, so I'll give your suggestions a try. 

Edited by Jerzguy2