IGNORED

Dog health insurance

PM me on any questions related to pet insurance. Their are dozens of plan designs and offering. Most are scams. My Company handles over 300 million plans each year.. I’ll guide you to the right plan for your needs. You can get a great plan at an inexpensive price..

We opted not to. However, we have $200 a month dedicated to the dogs. What’s not spent, keeps rolling over. Figure if I ever need a surgery, dog is covered vs paying $50/80 a month to a company that then may or may not cover the big things. 

Had to put it to the test this year actually. Dropped 6k on my one dog- of which only $1,500  would have been covered by pet insurance (from looking at multiple plans). 

At his age, doing the math, id have saved $300 over 6 years if I had insurance. 

Plus most vets have zero interest payment plans if you needed to do that. you will get a million different opinions. 

Any plan worth a damn is going to be expensive. I’ve always just had the discipline to save for the rare serious injury. 

my hunting buddy had good pet insurance- dog got hurt on a hunt- spent 2k and got back 900 from pet insurance. However, at 3 years old. He already had over 3k paid to insurance company... 

12 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

We opted not to. However, we have $200 a month dedicated to the dogs. What’s not spent, keeps rolling over. Figure if I ever need a surgery, dog is covered vs paying $50/80 a month to a company that then may or may not cover the big things. 

Had to put it to the test this year actually. Dropped 6k on my one dog- of which only $1,500  would have been covered by pet insurance (from looking at multiple plans). 

At his age, doing the math, id have saved $300 over 6 years if I had insurance. 

Plus most vets have zero interest payment plans if you needed to do that. you will get a million different opinions. 

Any plan worth a damn is going to be expensive. I’ve always just had the discipline to save for the rare serious injury. 

my hunting buddy had good pet insurance- dog got hurt on a hunt- spent 2k and got back 900 from pet insurance. However, at 3 years old. He already had over 3k paid to insurance company... 

Thanks for the detailed reply. That’s pretty much exactly what I figured. I called one today and even the plan that covers everything has limits. Example, if the dog eats a sock and the vet charges $3,000 the insurance could say that the “customary” charge is $1,800 and then I’m responsible for the rest.  Doesn’t sound worth it to me.