IGNORED

Frogs, turtles, hornets oh my!!

There was a pond near my older boys basketball tournament this weekend, so me n my lil guy went to investigate......

First, flying grasshoppers everywhere....caught one, threw it in the pond and bluegills blew up on it!

Then we gingerly walk past a bald faced hornets nest!

Around the bend of the pond, a frog erupted out of the weeds n gave me a scare.....made short work of him as I still have the "speed grab" I developed as a youth!

Heads on a swivel to the right....n there is a box turtle feeding on mushrooms along the woodline....bite evidence observed on mushrooms!

Next corner of the pond had a giant turtle shell laying on the bank w evidence of dried mud on the grass where it was obvious kids were dragging a net from the pond....probably to scoop up big turtle shell!

Finally, a trail leading back into the woods had an elaborately engineered spider web!

All that in bout 20 mins of adventure....n we came out of it with only a few chigger bites!  Lol

20200822_114830.jpg

20200822_114736.jpg

20200822_114708.jpg

20200822_114903.jpg

20200822_115455.jpg

20200824_130149.jpg

20200822_114105.jpg

20200822_115209.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak

ONLY A FEW CHIGGER BITES !! OMG I had those things.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL