IGNORED

Choosing a Taxidermist

NotJust22s

53 minutes ago, Dead eye said:

So,I just picked up my fall bow buck yesterday and I am not happy with the work. It’s a shame because we had 3 deer with the guy and all 3 are just so so. What do you do if you’re not happy with a taxidermist’s work?

Share, who did the work and what did you pay? Also, why did you choose him in the first place?

36 minutes ago, Dead eye said:

And it seems as though the form is smaller then the deer was,and it’s more of a “neck” mount,then a shoulder mount compared to my others. The deer dressed out at 165 so it’s not like it was a small body deer but the mount looks like a yearling with a good rack. 

Holy crap - yeah that is a really nice buck but a really really really bad taxi job... Like one of worst I have seen.     

So sorry bro - especially since it is your best buck to date  - it deserved a much better outcome.  Seem like the guy did not know how to properly measure neck and form, and also put it all together..    wow

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I’m kinda bummed because it is my best buck to date,here’s a pic for reference before taxidermy 
13619F05-750D-47FF-8147-54CECB5DF891.thumb.jpeg.09118a495a32cb9b6dfc1cac60f639bf.jpeg
The scars (as far as I can see in the pics) look like natural scars. They can usually be easily airbrushed to look like scars.
That is in fact a shoulder mount- not a neck mount- so there are no worries there..

Some forms are "offset" which gives you more shoulder on the viewing side which is a nice look imo. But it all depends on the forms you picked out/the taxidermist offered you..

Get a hold of me if you want to bring it by and see if i can fix up some of the scars for you- no charge..

As far as the size of the deer' it seems to look accurate to me. A dead deer on the ground with his head held up by a hunter will always seem more girthy than a mount because the neck is rolled up and compressed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,I appreciate all the input and thanks for the offer jay!! The taxidermist was barattas in oaklyn south jersey. I feel bad and I don’t want to bad mouth the guy but I’m definitely not happy,I will be taking my business up north after this debacle. I went with the guy because my father had dropped his 2018 pa archery buck off to him from word of a friend,so we dropped both of our 2019 fall bucks to him,we got all 3 back yesterday and unfortunately they are all not “great” but mine is the worse off the bunch. Here are pics of the other 2

3BA6686E-DE59-4C69-AECD-AE964CE1CDF7.jpeg

2E5F6210-57C2-4E21-BA4D-700E06D9C87A.jpeg