IGNORED

Action packed fluking

hammer4reel

Headed out with Eddie and Booner today .

lots of fish everywhere we stopped , but wow did shorts out number the keepers .

fun catching , then scratching out another limit .

keepers were all no measure 19” and up fish , no jumbos today 

3 to 4 footers stacked up coming home made for a slower than usual ride from up north ..

had a boat first today , Booner called for the net on a horse shoe  crab . Caught in 65’ of water . Was some fight for sure .

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

21 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

awesome trip guys!   Question to Booner, did the crab give enough "head shakes" to warrant the call for net?  What color gulp did it take?     And did you get a free bowl of soup with that crab?

No free bowl,  he wanted to make hermit crab soup.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

awesome trip guys!   Question to Booner, did the crab give enough "head shakes" to warrant the call for net?  What color gulp did it take?     And did you get a free bowl of soup with that crab?

Here's what happened,,,

As we all know,fluking is a bottom game. And with my expert fluking skills, I was actually bouncing my bucktail under the ocean floor. When I feel my bait come to a complete stop and then high speed retreat,I set the hook. My rod ( 40-80 class ) tripled over and the fight was on. Everyone on the boat besides me were amazed, at not only how I had to put the rod in the gunnel to fight this beast but were more amazed at my calm demeanor. 

I knew something was up when there was no head shaking. After a vicious battle, we have color. But the color wasn't of a massive 38lb doormat, NOR was it the color of a " HERMIT " crab, but it was the meanest nastiest HORSE SHOE crab you've ever seen. The teeth this thing had were scarey. But ill give you my secret to subterranean  fluking. 1/8" steel leader. So with those teeth versus my leader it didn't stand a chance! Once next to the boat,4 loads of buckshot and it was mine! 

After high fives and those guys screaming in joy,, I just quietly sat down to replay this whole thing over a bowl of government issued tomatoes soup i received from HatRus.com

I'll be speaking at this year's sports show in Raritan. Albeit,  I won't be inside,but in the parking lot from the bed of my pick up. Stop by and say 👋.  We can share some oyster crackers together

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Booner not many guys I know would have ever boated that crab .

like bringing a 2 gallon bucket up from the deep .

im pretty sure Jacks knots wouldn’t have even held up for the fight.

and we would be hearing for a year about the monster that got away lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/