Grab a Gun will not ship ARs to NJ

So yesterday I ordered a Ruger AR from Grab a Gun shipping to my FFL which would make it NJ compliant. Received confirmation and shipping info.

A few hours later I received a cancellation of my order. When I inquired about to why it was cancelled I received the below response!

Wtf!

Thomas H. (GrabAGun.com)

Aug 19, 2020, 4:38 PM CDT

Hey, thank you for contacting GrabAGun. I do apologize about any confusion but we are unable to ship any AR platform rifles to the state of New Jersey at this time. Because of this the order was closed and refunded. Please allow 5-7 business days for that refund to be credited to your account. If there is anything else we can do, definitely let us know and please have a fantastic day. 

Thomas H.

[https://ci5]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Was the Ruger AR you bought the NJ compliant version?  Otherwise, I'd agree with @Sako76, they probably don't want to risk selling a non-compliant gun, although I'd imagine an agreement with the FFL can be reached whereas the FFL converts it to conform to the state laws as needed.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Was the Ruger AR you bought the NJ compliant version?  Otherwise, I'd agree with @Sako76, they probably don't want to risk selling a non-compliant gun, although I'd imagine an agreement with the FFL can be reached whereas the FFL converts it to conform to the state laws as needed.

Yeah but he already stated that his FFL dealer would make it complaint. I highly doubt a dealer would risk his/her license and life to let one rifle go without making it NJ complaint.

1 minute ago, NJ Predator said:

Yeah but he already stated that his FFL dealer would make it complaint. I highly doubt a dealer would risk his/her license and life to let one rifle go without making it NJ complaint.

That does seem odd then, if it is his FFL dealer unless his FFL dealer didn't feel like modifying it?

You better wait until after the election to buy, it would be hell to hand a new gun or any gun over to those pukes:vomit: 

Edited by bucky

After a phone call they will not ship to NJ, CT, NY, MD, CA, MA...and 1 or 2 others. Saying it's a state issue and it's policy...however if I buy it in peices they will gladly ship. Thinking about shipping to heratige guild in Easton and having it transferred to one of thier NJ stores...after they make it compliant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hell, there is at least one store that won't ship crossbows to NJ and few other states......you can order online and pick up at there store