Am I the only person curious about the covi19 actual death rate at this point?

It seems that while the number of positive tests keeps climbing that it is outstripping the number of hospitalizations and deaths.

Seems that the death rate is now hovering around 3% which is, at the very least, an order of magnitude lower than the initial estimates.

Feel invited to pick my reasoning apart because I genuinely want to promote discussion in order to illuminate the truth...

Edited by madeinuk
  • Agree 1

The majority of the new positives are in younger people so the probability of hospitalization or death is lower.  The problem is many covid deaths were not related to covid at all so the numbers are complete BS

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Follow the money. Hospitals get a fee kicker for covid. I'm sure Dr's do too.  My understanding is there is a 97% recovery rate so even with high infection rates,  there is little to worry about. 

• Like 3

There are multiple organizations saying that the death rate is significantly lower based on antibody test results. I can’t remember exact city/states off top of my head but I believe both Florida and California estimate tens of millions of people had it without ever getting tested. That would significantly lower the overall death %.  Which on one hand is good, meaning it isn’t nearly as deadly as assumed, but also a negative because it means it is unbelievably contagious and would/is overwhelm the healthcare system. 

All in all, I don’t think it’s nearly as deadly as media makes it out to be, but I don’t complain about social distancing or wearing a mask because it seems to be working. I just feel for businesses that have a hard time adjusting

The flu kills on a very bad year 70,000 people. Flu is a 7 month season. We are nearing 7 months now with covid and there are 172,000 dead. People can try to debate that is not accurate and over inflated. Did you know about the record amount of people who died in florida from pneumonia in May? As there may be some over reporting there is also a lot of under reporting. Medical professionals belief is the 170,000 is actually under reported. Imo i think due to over and under reporting it may be about right.  What we should be concerned about is getting this virus under control so we can get the economy going again. USA is 3% of worlds population yet has 25% of the cases. I dont care how many excusrs one can come up with. That is piss poor and undesirable handling of a pandemic.

Unfortunately we will never know how bad is this thing as we don't even know how deadly is the common flu. All numbers are used for political and financial gains and can not be trusted. For example the flu. In 2018/2019 season they estimate, there are no actual numbers, 35.5 million people got sick and 34200 died. That's mortality rate of 0.01%. But Is this actual mortality rate? No. This is mortality rate of people who got sick enough to seek help. The number of people who actually were exposed to the flu must be huge, I bet triple the 35.5 million which then would make the actual mortality rate tiny and insignificant.
It is even worse wit covid19 and we simply have no clue what is going on. I read a common cold produces positive result, I heard numbers are inflated for political and financial reasons and I do believe this to be the case. As we stand they tell us the death rate is at 3% which would be very scary. Of course this is not the death rate because as in case of the flue we have no clue how many people came in contact with this virus. Is it possible this number of people is triple of the 5.7 million currently reported? I bet it is even higher but triple means the official death rate is only at 1%,  5 times larger makes it  0.6% . The actual death rate maybe even lower than the common flu.

As you can see we don't have a clue what is going on and we know people driving this campaign of miss information have very sinister political goal, and will stop at nothing.

I am guessing, because this is all we can do, the numbers are GROSSLY inflated and people should be held criminally responsible for this. This is a political game now and its worse than any terrorism ever effected our country. I also think the current path of dealing with this virus will never end, we need to change it. 

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 2

Everyone should calm down and trust that our government has our best interest at heart. Don't question anything, just shut up, put your masks on and COMPLY!

• Like 1
  • Disturbing 1
  • Winner 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

TB killed roughly 1.5 million people in 2018 and it's estimated that 10 million people fell ill with TB. TB is deadlier than Covid-19, if untreated.

Not in US. Maybe world wide?

Is it true that NJ and NY have the highest death per million ratio?

Ive also heard Cuomo has been fudging the numbers on deaths in nursing homes. Every other state has been counting patients that contracted the virus but eventually passed in a hospital as nursing home deaths but Cuomo who now has a book deal on leadership of Coronavirus only counts them if they died in the actual nursing home. You know to make sure you forget his Ghastly policy of making nursing homes take back COVID patients