IGNORED

Canada Border Update

Got this today. Not good for those wanting to hunt there this year. 

Canadian Border Update from Bowhunting Safari Consultants, LLC:

Closure of the Canada border is on the 4th extension with an update September 21. We anticipate the border will remain closed remainder fo the year. We are working closely with each outfitter on a daily basis to notify our traveling hunters according.

Due to border restrictions with surrounding countries, we have been experiencing a high demand for hunting opportunities in states. Below we have a list of options to consider for this fall.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye57 said:

I heard same thing from my duck outfitters. They are all bracing for the influx of hunters to North Dakota now that no one can cross border to hunt. 

I wonder if the prices U.S. Outfitters are jacked up if you didn't book early. 

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

A lot of big bucks are going to get a year older up in Canada with the closure. 2021 might be a good year to book.

I was thinking the same for my Safari in South Africa next year. Should be a lot of quality animals. 

I'm booked for a Canadian fishing trip next year.  Right now, all the people in the know I have communicated with say Canada's unofficial position is they will not open the border again until "next summer" but that right now it's month-by-month.  Not good if you are trying to make solid plans....

20 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I'm booked for a Canadian fishing trip next year.  Right now, all the people in the know I have communicated with say Canada's unofficial position is they will not open the border again until "next summer" but that right now it's month-by-month.  Not good if you are trying to make solid plans....

"Next summer". WOW. That's a big loss of travel revenue. 

5 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

Looks like my Alberta moose hunt will be moved to next September. I kind of knew in the back of my mind when all of this started the boarders would remain closed for more then a couple months. 

My Safari has been moved back a year. What a mess cancelling the air travel and getting refunds. It should get settled in about a month I guess. 

Yep... I had a moose hunt in British Columbia in September/ October I just got an email from the outfitter saying it’s been put off to next year... Terrible!!

Good thing I was able to pick up an elk hunt  mid September....lol

I said this the other day. 

Deer as well as other big game will get another year on them. 

I can get guys in on deer hunts with good outfitters still. Maybe even a lease. I turned down a 120 acre lease yesterday in Pike county Illinois

www.liftxrentals.com

18 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I said this the other day. 

Deer as well as other big game will get another year on them. 

I can get guys in on deer hunts with good outfitters still. Maybe even a lease. I turned down a 120 acre lease yesterday in Pike county Illinois

Honest question- Isnt it odd for a good outfitter to have openings this late? Unless they are dealing with cancellations but still. I know all the waterfowl guides worth a damn are locked down. Maybe different with deer?