IGNORED

Few days with the crew from Berkley

hammer4reel

Little over a week ago I got to fish with a few of the gang From Pure Fishing .

Along was the main designer for Gulp , head of marketing and line Sales .

we got to try out some new tackle that is to be released this fall .

mainly the new X9 braid , Penn low profile reels in both the fathom and the squall .

Rods  from the new Fenwick inshore line up .and some new Gulp baits on fusion bucktails . .

fishing was tough after the Hurricanes , water temps had dropped 20 degrees and still was unsettled .

we fished for inshore fish 2 days catching sea bass , fluke , sea robins , bluefish , mackerel.

and fished for Tuna on the XTC , where the bite was also slow , but did  have one nice yellowfin amongst watching a crazy amount of Whales and dolphins putting on a sea world show .

The new rod reel combos in all three sizes were used . The 200 and 300 series def stole that show .

According to the gulp designer  They have reached what they feel is a better formula , that gets all the fish biting capability as well as it being more durable than it has been .

he told me it’s a fine line between the two , but they spend countless hours daily always trying to improve both baits and performance .

the new Paddle  shad will def be a hit for both fluke and sea bass . It was out fishing the other styles of gulp baits in this trip ...

was great to see how hard these guys and gals  fished seeing how we are using their equipment and baits here . And are willing to make changes for  the betterment of our fishing ..

EE538C68-48E9-4DC7-B46E-687CD0561E0F.jpeg

58C0EE20-6756-4D9F-AD04-CACAE203A628.jpeg

A9CBB569-D421-4F22-B4D1-0934C86D66F6.jpeg

1254519F-054D-421C-B00C-C579EE306FCE.jpeg

1D65D7A1-F310-4834-A712-B7D814966029.jpeg

99C91888-281E-482A-BA61-F57427A02E5A.jpeg

0579B5CB-5809-4C17-AAD2-C69AD14BB729.jpeg

C48CC6D5-7C9F-4D0E-863F-D6D7CD8B5082.jpeg

99E258F9-2953-483B-BBFA-6339A70D3FC9.jpeg

973241BE-1202-4986-B71D-662804498106.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Fathom and squall low profile? Any pics of them?  Are the an addition to existing or a remaking of those models?

Pics on the Penn site as well as all specs .

4 low profile reels each line up .

as well as smaller reels in the original round reel line up .

will be fishing a fathom 8 tomorrow 

3D4283DD-45DB-4D24-A8BE-855B3F8A2FC6.png

9E2ED9EC-1839-44EC-B9BF-825B63A51131.png

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

8 hours ago, Buck154 said:

looks like a couple nice days of fishing 

3 hours ago, 10pt said:

Ran into them in Belmar the day of the tropical storm.

The new reels are built like a brick shit house and I'm loving the X9 so far.

Haven't tried the Fenwicks but they look awesome.

Looks like you put them on a few fish

Weather was tough , 2 days after the hurricane . Still rained hard with lightning storms the first two day’s. .

crazy fog , but they were all willing to give it their best shot to try everything out .

seeing how methods here differ from How it’s used in other places like Florida...

would have been nice to actually have fish chew where I prefished up until the hurricane hit , but bottom their was void of fish . Where days earlier it had been drop and reel fishing .

Aaron actually headed to Florida from here and was able to catch tarpon on the new 6” paddleshad .so a variety of fish def like the action of it .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

8 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

You should try out some of the new shimano reels....you would never look back:rofl:

Actually you don’t want to compare apples to apples .

in the price point of the fathom reels Shimano has nothing to compete against it .

The toriums and Tekotas just aren’t close to being as solid .

comparing gold to gold . The Talica is a great reel but Imo not any better than the Torque ..

Fathoms are built so well I can have 2 set ups for the price of 1 of either the torque or Talica.

and def not feel I’m handicapped doing so .

The new internationals blow the Tiagras away .

Theres a reason more high dollar tournament boats have fished Internationals for decades .

Shimano rods are just Ok, heck your not even fishing one with your Talica .

Penn has a great rod selection at many price points ..

for the type of jig fishing your doing , I’m really surprised your not fishing a black hole rod .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

30 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Actually you don’t want to compare apples to apples .

in the price point of the fathom reels Shimano has nothing to compete against it

That extends to other manufacturers as well. When doing an apples to apples comparison of shimano and any other comparable quality reel the shimano costs twice as much. I was a shimano guy at one time but after two bent shafts after violent strikes from a weakfish and hybred left the spools wobbling afterwards I looked elsewhere. Good example is a simple spinning reel, the Diawa BG. A comparable quality shimano costs 3 times of what the BG does. Sorry for the thread hijack but truth to be told

AWM