IGNORED

Uncle Vinny Update and a BIG Thanks to LEO's

Tuck

Well today was really hard saying goodbye and my sister in law was like a rock.  I don't know how she got thru reading his Eulogy and memories that people wrote, but we were blessed with great weather and a beautiful day.

I just wanted to thank each and every LEO out there.  Vinny was a NJ Correction Officer and a bunch of his peers took 15 minute shifts for 5+ hours yesterday at his coffin, watching guard over him.  The ceremonial switch of officers was really cool to watch, but the pride these men and women displayed for their fellow officer was tremendous.  Today, even more showed up and led the procession down Rte 70 in Brick to Toms River.  Coast Guard was there as well to honor him with a flag and the Officers performed the gun salute and bag pipes.  My father in law was also a retired Lieutenant from Union City and the same display from his fellow officers was performed at his funeral 11 years ago.

So guys and gals who choose to put on the uniform to serve, I just want to give a sincere THANK YOU for all that you do each and every day.  Today you made this guy and a whole bunch of people in my family very proud and I know Vinny will be smiling down on us, and all of you, keeping us safe.

Tuck