IGNORED

Fluke and Seabass

Buck154

Took my uncle and OMC from the site out today.  Ran out for some seabass first. Got to the spot and had a pretty consistent pull of seabass. Nothing huge but some nice ones 14"-15.5". Also caught 16-18 nice Mackerel (great baits for everything). Would love to get out and chum them up with small trout rods. They do some pulling. 

After we caught a bunch there I decided to run in for fluke. There was a decent current and then the wind picked  up. Fished most of the day with 8oz jigs on. We caught a fair amount of shorts and managed to box 8. Biggest was 5.36 lb.also caught a few bluefish. 

All in all it was a pretty nice fishing day with Mike (OMC) and my uncle.   Always have a blast fishing with either one of them. This was the fist time I got them both out on the same trip.                        

20200814_173717.jpg

20200814_173701.jpg

John as always it was great to get out and fish with you. It’s hard to find someone that fishes the same way as I do. Come on one more cast ! Yesterday was OMD 😁
I can only hope to fish as long as your uncle did when I get to his age. 
Thanks again had a great time. 

Edited by OMC

1 hour ago, OMC said:

John as always it was great to get out and fish with you. It’s hard to find someone that fishes the same way as I do. Come on one more cast ! Yesterday was OMD 😁
I can only hope to fish as long as your uncle did when I get to his age. 
Thanks again had a great time. 

You don't want to fish with @Zipper and @MGHunter66 - they can't take more than 4 hours...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….