IGNORED

Arrow Spine for Traditional Archery

230jhp

I just aquired a 40# recurve via trade. Almost a dozen Gold Tip 500 arrows came with it.  I think these arrows are too stiff for the bow.

I tried to find charts to match the spine with the bow poundage. I haven't found any definitive information. It used to be pretty simple with aluminum arrows, but now every manufacturer of carbon arrows have their own numbering system for spine.

Where can I find that info???

500 spine will most likely be too stiff unless youre shooting a full length arrow or more weight on the end (brass inserts).  Bare shaft tuning is the only way to know what you and your bow wants.  Shaft diameter has influence on the tune even with the same static spine.  Just for comparison, an aluminum 2114 is a 510 deflection, 2016 is a 531 deflection.  If you need help obtaining the perfect tune, pm me and i can help.  

What is the actual arrow length?

What is your draw length?

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.