IGNORED

Don’t do business with gateway marina in highlands NJ

I purchased a boat from gateway marina in highland nj in March during the covid lockdown. I bought a boat that they were brokering and was given a temporary registration for the boat and a liscence plate for the trailer to be used until DMV opened up and they could get me the title for the boat and the paperwork for the trailer. Now it has been a while since DMV has been open and I keep calling and emailing them only to be told they would call me back but they have not. I will be visiting their establishment tomorrow to try and get a resolution to this problem. 

If they are beholden to the DMV, don't hold your breath.

I don't know how anyone is able to get anything done with the DMV right now - it is so screwed up at the moment. Half the centers designated as one of the new "vehicle centers" close daily before noon - no new customers for that day. And you have to wait hours (usually get in line hours before they open) just to get in that day. It's a complete cluster - the DMV is mismanaged.

I get your frustration, and maybe they could communicate better, but this sounds more like a DMV issue, which isn't their fault. I would stop by and try to resolve it in person before going online and writing negative reviews. Businesses everywhere are hurting right now, the last thing they need is negative exposure, especially if it's something that's not their fault. Good luck I hope you get the issue resolved and congrats on the new boat

12 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

I get your frustration, and maybe they could communicate better, but this sounds more like a DMV issue, which isn't their fault. I would stop by and try to resolve it in person before going online and writing negative reviews. Businesses everywhere are hurting right now, the last thing they need is negative exposure, especially if it's something that's not their fault. Good luck I hope you get the issue resolved and congrats on the new boat

My sentiments exactly!... I'm sure they're doing the best they can under the circumstances it's not business as usual.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

18 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

Also this marina has good reputation which may reinforce the idea nothing right now works as it should .