IGNORED

NY Attorney General lawsuit seeks to dissolve National Rifle Association

BowhunterNJ

I’m a NRA life member and acknowledge the problems with NRA but this suit is clearly political.  Don’t remember the same reaction from politicians and AG when United Way and Planned Parenthood had similar issues.

5 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I’m a NRA life member and acknowledge the problems with NRA but this suit is clearly political.  Don’t remember the same reaction from politicians and AG when United Way and Planned Parenthood had similar issues.

Exactly!

Then the witch sits there and says this is not political. Just goes to show  a) How stupid these corrupt officials think the public are and b) How stupid many people probably are who take it as gospel and believe it!

13 hours ago, A&N_Hunter said:

For our sake, I hope dissolution is not the result but perhaps a change in leadership. Last thing we need are fractions of an organization fighting for 2A rights on a national level...

And you’re not a member why? 

4 minutes ago, A&N_Hunter said:

Would the reason matter? 

That depends, You seem to believe the organization is important, but yet you’re not a member. 
not looking to get into your personal space, just curious what would cause your conflict? 
Unless you were involved at the national level and had issues personally with the higher ups, I can’t phantom why a gun owner would not be a member. 
I know many instructors who have taken issue with many of the changes NRA made to curriculum, etc., but that has nothing to do with the org on a national level. 
If firearm owners Aren’t members because of some local issue, you’re cutting off your nose to spite your face. 
And to the guys that think another group would just step in a take over and be as effective as the NRA, you’re simply delusional! 
In order for another org to have the clout and effectiveness the NRA has, they’d basically have to turn into the NRA. 
I get that NJ doesn’t realize many of the benefits of the NRA, but it’s a futile effort here given the political landscape, I think we all know that, so we can’t blame them for not throwing good money after bad with no return. 

But again, the NRAs  national level effectiveness in upholding the 2A is what keeps guns in our hands, if we don’t all recognize that, and allow personal issues and pet peeves to reduce membership, all will be lost. 
If the NRA goes, there’s no way in hell the gap will be filled in time to save our 2A, you willing to take that chance to save $40 a year? Think about it...

8 minutes ago, Pathman said:

But again, the NRAs  national level effectiveness in upholding the 2A is what keeps guns in our hands, if we don’t all recognize that, and allow personal issues and pet peeves to reduce membership, all will be lost. 
If the NRA goes, there’s no way in hell the gap will be filled in time to save our 2A, you willing to take that chance to save $40 a year? Think about it...

I stopped being a member years ago, not any "specific" reason but probably just was tired of all the mail and spam, etc.  However you may have motivated me to join again (along with this lawsuit as added motivation of course). 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

18 minutes ago, Pathman said:

That depends, You seem to believe the organization is important, but yet you’re not a member. 
not looking to get into your personal space, just curious what would cause your conflict? 
Unless you were involved at the national level and had issues personally with the higher ups, I can’t phantom why a gun owner would not be a member. 
I know many instructors who have taken issue with many of the changes NRA made to curriculum, etc., but that has nothing to do with the org on a national level. 
If firearm owners Aren’t members because of some local issue, you’re cutting off your nose to spite your face. 
And to the guys that think another group would just step in a take over and be as effective as the NRA, you’re simply delusional! 
In order for another org to have the clout and effectiveness the NRA has, they’d basically have to turn into the NRA. 
I get that NJ doesn’t realize many of the benefits of the NRA, but it’s a futile effort here given the political landscape, I think we all know that, so we can’t blame them for not throwing good money after bad with no return. 

Just to clarify, the National Shooting sports foundation spent more on lobbying than the NRA all while their executives took in SIGNIFICANTLY less compensation. 

The NRA has become a snake oil salesman to the hard working Americans they claim to represent. The NRA has done a lot of great things but your statement is factual untrue. If the NRA went away tomorrow, Republicans would still support 2a. The NRA does little to challenge Democrats. They support incumbent Republicans with funds that are meaningless in the grand scheme. Your boy Wayne could start a super PAC and drop 11 Million on battle ground states which would (by comparison) be less than a lifetime membership from their base in balancing out incomes. 

What the NRA Spends on Lobbying 2A is a fraction of what they bring in. THAT is my problem with the organization. 

YOU membership helped pay for Wayne's $6 million dollar house....(not his income, but your dues. He chose not to buy a house but rather make the NRA buy it for him)

Edited by Hawkeye57

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I stopped being a member years ago, not any "specific" reason but probably just was tired of all the mail and spam, etc.  However you may have motivated me to join again (along with this lawsuit as added motivation of course). 

My Gun Club stopped the Club Membership a long time ago. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

YOU membership helped pay for Wayne's $6 million dollar house....(not his income, but your dues. He chose not to buy a house but rather make the NRA buy it for him)

If true - that would be VERY concerning to me. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

No worries, you have not triggered me, all is good!

I gave up renewing my membership, as I didn't feel the benefit of a MEMBERSHIP. This is where I mentioned in my original response that I took them for granted, meaning membership = window decals for the car plus a magazine I barely read. To me they are an important organization, and I believe they stand for all of us (members or not) on the national level. You hit the nail on the head with the action at the state level, which we all know will never change its stance on 2A (if anything, will get worse). Perhaps I wish my membership gave me more of a benefit to me in my own state. Selfish, but hey..

Edited by A&N_Hunter
spelling correction because i apparently cannot type

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Just to clarify, the National Shooting sports foundation spent more on lobbying than the NRA all while their executives took in SIGNIFICANTLY less compensation. 

The NRA has become a snake oil salesman to the hard working Americans they claim to represent. The NRA has done a lot of great things but your statement is factual untrue. If the NRA went away tomorrow, Republicans would still support 2a. The NRA does little to challenge Democrats. They support incumbent Republicans with funds that are meaningless in the grand scheme. Your boy Wayne could start a super PAC and drop 11 Million on battle ground states which would (by comparison) be less than a lifetime membership from their base in balancing out incomes. 

What the NRA Spends on Lobbying 2A is a fraction of what they bring in. THAT is my problem with the organization. 

Try fighting the battle on your own and let me know how that works out for you. No organization, anywhere is perfect. Just like a radiator, everything needs flushing from time to time.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

19 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Try fighting the battle on your own and let me know how that works out for you. No organization, anywhere is perfect. Just like a radiator, everything needs flushing from time to time.

Agreed 100%. Hence why I named One the the many organizationS I support that have my 2a interests