IGNORED

NY Attorney General lawsuit seeks to dissolve National Rifle Association

BowhunterNJ

I saw that this morning.  Interesting for certain and it may shed light on the NRA's obvious leadership mess.  That said, I was trying to think what might happen if somehow the government took away the current NRA's tax exempt status or worse.  My best guess is a new organization would quickly form that might actually wind up bigger and stronger and hopefully without the mess they are in currently.  Either way, another political witch hunt by the left, this time NY's Attorney General.  

Very political to announce this 90 days from an election. That being said, if the NRA did half of what the AG is claiming they will prove, well they should lose their non-profit status. LAW AND ORDER, right?

hopefully this will allow one of the real gun rights groups to step up and right the ship of 2A lobby. The NRA lost its way at the top.  Maybe this is a good thing for gun owners- I know if I read the suit and had given them my hard earned money, I'd want them (the leadership) to go down. 

It will be telling when they fight this. Solid outcome would be leadership gets wiped out but they do not get dissolved. 

I remember bitching to myself many years ago about high on the hog LaPierre and that president seemed to be living. Nobody cared.

I know people that are very reluctant NRA members ... ("only game in town"). Others have just not renewed at all. I've had an up/down relationship with them., myself.  I've sometimes wondered if an entirely new, different organization could do better. That would have a broader appeal to the estimated 99 million actual gun owners in America? A larger voting block. Especially with the changing demographics.

I don't know. Maybe there is just too much apathy in general.

Just saw this I posted something too,

A disbandment of the nra is not something we want.  If Biden. Gets elected your 2A is gone he already wants a AR ban and now is the time they the libs will do it with covid,police disbandment and defunding, Surely the 2A will be whited out.

good topic and we are fine with it being here and not in NMP forum. .   HOWEVER - I implore all the usual suspects to PLEASE allow us to keep it here, and not move it to NMP...     

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, Bones said:

NY AG is seeking disbandment with lawsuit,  Biden seeking AR ban.  
They will get mine when they pry it out of my cold dead hands! 
better hope Trump wins.  
When we protesting I could use a new pair of shoes and a flat screen 

Matt did start this under the guns forum...       But I feel your pain. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Thinking on this as previous NRA member/instructor (I havent renewed in years). NRA has it's ups and downs, and I may at times take them for granted (ie just a window decal) without knowing the fights they fight on our behalf behind the scenes. In my opinion, this just cries out as a political stunt being this close to an extremely tense election year. IF fraud/corruption on behalf of the executive leadership had merit, wouldn't the target be against THE EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP and not aimed to simply dissolve the NRA in entirety? Just doesn't make any sense. 

For our sake, I hope dissolution is not the result but perhaps a change in leadership. Last thing we need are fractions of an organization fighting for 2A rights on a national level...