IGNORED

Not a hunting topic but a parent topic my 13 year old had her first seizure

Liv2hunt

14 hours ago, Liv2hunt said:

I know it’s off topic but I can’t get it out of my head. My 13 year old daughter woke up she felt her arms not move she called my wife she  hit the floor.. my wife screamed I went in she was on the floor both arms legs and head Convulsing. It was scary she was out. She stopped breathing I sat her up hit her back I pulled flem and blood out of her mouth.. Emt’s came they were great we went to the hospital. Next step is an eeg and a neurologist. I am hoping it’s a one time thing. Parents hug your kids 

Liv,

I hope your daughter has a successfull outcome. I know how your feeling right now because at age 1 my son had his first Febrile seziure. After recurring everytime he had an elevated temp,

we went thru batteries of tests. We left RWJ after head neurologist just wanted to throw him on anti-seizure meds. The side effects and delayed development where heavy considerations so  we went to CHOP. Neurologist agreed..no meds other than treating underlying issue causing fever. He went thru 15 seizures thru age 7. I thought I would break...but today my son is 17 yr old and just got his drivers license, had some flight training and is one of the top in his class.

CHOP is very good and has offices locally in Princeton. 

I pray for a positive outcome. You'll get through it. 

Hope your daughter is doing ok. 

My friend's son just went through a similar incident and he is being seen by pediatric neurologist Dr. Aviva Bojko who has offices in Long Branch and Livingston. Dr. Bojko is highly recommended in her field. 

Good luck and thoughts and prayers sent!

Prayers were said for her and hope its a one time incident.  

My youngest son who is now 38 dealt with seizures on a frequent basis for over 15 years. Took a bit to find the right meds but he has been seizure free for over 7 years now but needs to continue the meds.   Hope your daughters was a one time incident.  God Bless.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, Liv2hunt said:

I know it’s off topic but I can’t get it out of my head. My 13 year old daughter woke up she felt her arms not move she called my wife she  hit the floor.. my wife screamed I went in she was on the floor both arms legs and head Convulsing. It was scary she was out. She stopped breathing I sat her up hit her back I pulled flem and blood out of her mouth.. Emt’s came they were great we went to the hospital. Next step is an eeg and a neurologist. I am hoping it’s a one time thing. Parents hug your kids 

Any updates on your daughter? 

Hope she's better. 

Prayers sent. I hope this is a one time thing but either way you should be prepared with how to handle one should it ever occur in the future. Most resolve in time and the child is fine but protect your child from falling and/or hitting her head and continually monitor her airway to ensure she isn’t choking on flem or anything else. If so, roll her on her side to clear her airway. Best of luck and keep us updated. We’re praying for her. 

Swamp rat thank you for asking.. we have been to several doctors she had a cat scan. And an eeg we meet the neurologist on Tuesday that’s where we should get some info. She was  unconscious for around 8 min. Leaving her on her side she turned grey I had to sit her up and give  her a back blow and pulled flem food and blood out of her mouth. We really want some answers and we have questions on what to do when she stops breathing like that. I hope it never happens again 

I Just want to Hunt...