1.3 Million Without Power.....

Luckily we took a big hit on our trees, but never lost power thanks to underground utilities in our area.  But my wife's work in Parsippany is out and she can't work so long as their servers are down.  She's making me nuts right now.  :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, archer36 said:

It is a "Dual Fuel" model. Comes setup for both. I liked the idea because if there is statewide power outage (like Sandy) and you can't have gas pumped, propane is a backup fuel source.  I hooked it up to propane just to check it out.  Didn't want to fill with gas and not need it. But I did. 

I have the same set for the same reason.  Plus propane does not go bad like gas.

• Like 2

No power in River Vale generator is cranking but now my fridge is giving me issues but the compressor for the freezer just kicked in and all is good.   At times like these it makes me realize that the settlers were some tough people!

Took the companies welding machine/generator home yesterday and used it for about 6 hours. Got power back around 8:30pm. They say PSE&G will have power back up by Friday sometime. JCP&L, Tuesday 11pm. I have JCP&L so I am shocked I have power.

20200805_144417.jpg

The state needs to come down on these companies for not improving the grid and just patching it quickly after every storm. This wasn’t a significant storm to have this much grid to go down for this long. 

• Agree 1

Saw caravans of utility trucks coming into NJ from Illinois, Alabama, and Arkansas yesterday. Wonder if they are going to have to quarantine for 14 days before they start working on restoring power. ;)

Our power came back on briefly yesterday afternoon then was promptly out again.  It looks like once they energized a downed wire started a fire so they quickly shut everything down again.

Finally got power back around 11PM.  Just heard a thunder boomer and the lights flickered....