1.3 Million Without Power.....

power here in bloomsbury. but the other road is out. our side must be on another grid or something. the road thats out is less then 1/4 mile. good luck to everyone who doesnt have power. hope you have generators or will go buy one after this. there will always be the next storm. could come next month or next year. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It was hit or miss as usual with this storm. I feel for those who took a direct hit

Edited by _X7

No power in Old Bridge for me. Downed pole hanging across the street on some wires two blocks from me. No clue when they will get that fixed. Might be a few days. Hopefully can get the generator from the wifes father.

16 hours ago, LPJR said:

No power since @1300 hours/Sussex County. 

Generator is cranking. Transfer switch install after Sandy was the best investment we have made. 

Champion still  running strong?

We've been without power since 3:00pm yesterday and our mayor said that we should get it back by Sunday. Meanwhile, my son is trying to fix ours and I can only watch since I had knee surgery Monday. Very frustrating be he knows what he's doing. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Did you buy it setup for propane? Or, did you install a multifuel kit?

Thx

It is a "Dual Fuel" model. Comes setup for both. I liked the idea because if there is statewide power outage (like Sandy) and you can't have gas pumped, propane is a backup fuel source.  I hooked it up to propane just to check it out.  Didn't want to fill with gas and not need it. But I did. 

Edited by archer36
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, archer36 said:

It is a "Dual Fuel" model. Comes setup for both. I liked the idea because if there is statewide power outage (like Sandy) and you can't have gas pumped, propane is a backup fuel source. 

Yup ... good thinking. I recently bought an aftermarket "tri-fuel" kit, but I have not installed it yet. I'm starting to buy additional filled BBQ propane tanks to keep on hand, and just rotating/refiiling them as I grill.

Have you used yours with gasoline, yet? I've read that using propane de-rates the generator's power ... a bit. Regardless, storing propane is not a hassle for me.

14 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Yup ... good thinking. I recently bought an aftermarket "tri-fuel" kit, but I have not installed it yet. I'm starting to buy additional filled BBQ propane tanks to keep on hand, and just rotating/refiiling them as I grill.

Have you used yours with gasoline, yet? I've read that using propane de-rates the generator's power ... a bit. Regardless, storing propane is not a hassle for me.

Yes. I ran it on gas yesterday. The manual says that you lose about four hundred watts (about 10%) running propane. Not a big deal. I like the ability to run it if gas isn't available. 

Edited by archer36
  • Like 1