Jim_

Bear Attack Last Sunday?

I received this email from NJOA today. Anyone know more about it?

James,

When is a bear attack not a bear attack in New Jersey? That's the question before us as Governor Murphy's administration clams up and attempts to stay mum on the vicious bear attack that happened in West Milford this week.

When is a bear attack not an attack? When the DEP decides that it is a Bear encounter. Since there has, as of yet, been no press release from DEP regarding the incident, information is rather sketchy. 

Since there has, as of yet, been no press release from state Department of Environmental Protection regarding the incident, the public does not have much information. What we DO know, though, is that a home owner received 36 stitches in his face from a so-called 'encounter' with a black bear in his garage when he returned home from walking his dog. 4 days later, on July 30, a fox 'attacked’ an 8-year-old girl causing her to be taken to a hospital for treatment. When is an attack not an attack? According to Governor Murphy, its when the 'encounter' is with a Black Bear.

But there IS good news, James. With the court case challenging DEP’s closure of State Lands to all Bear hunting finally scheduled to start trial on September 21, 2020, it seems that the DEP is attempting to downplay anything dealing with black bear interactions in New Jersey.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I read an article about it last week

The bear attack was just confirmed.... 
The bear was in a West Milford residents garage digging thru his refrigerator in the dark. The guy went to close the refrigerator door not knowing the bear was there and the bear was rite behind the door when he closed it. It got his face pretty good requiring numerous stitches when the bear swatted him.
Great job closing state lands for bear hunting #GovornorMurphy putting residents at higher risk now with bears roaming around neighborhoods walking into people's garages!

Edited by Rutting Buck
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

Great job closing state lands for bear hunting #GovornorMurphy putting residents at higher risk now with bears roaming around neighborhoods walking into people's garages!

That's Murphys version of BLM...Bears Lives Matter

• Haha 1

Yeah I herd like 30 stitches but dep isn't commenting about it yet

• Like 1

How about the poor young guy that was mauled to death a few years back in west milford.  if it happens again the blood will be on murphy's hands ...

• Agree 2

Hopefully he will follow the “science and data”, and not make decisions on the bear hunt based on politics and emotion. Yeah right. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

How about the poor young guy that was mauled to death a few years back in west milford.  if it happens again the blood will be on murphy's hands ...

It’s Trump fault! 

• Haha 2

Every Sportsman in this State should send an OPRA request to the DEP on the incident.  Once the 'attack" is confirmed, he should be asked why the public wasn't informed of the bear attack.  Was the bear euthanized?  If not, is there a killer bear on the loose in West Milford?  

We need to go for the jugular on this one!

• Like 1

They will do everything in their power to sweep this under the rug.

or hide it behind those giant teeth.

• Haha 2

Bear attacked a dog 3 doors from me a few days ago. Mom with 4 tiny cubs. She was never aggressive all the years she's been around. The dog it attacked im sure had to deserve it as that dog has attacked other dogs on the street in the past. Fish and game killed the bear.
2 days later across town another bear attacked a dog.

Shame to kill the mom of these young cubs. I was hoping to shoot her next October when the cubs were bigger.badd01103a4495d82c9d8f89b754f703.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Bear attacked a dog 3 doors from me a few days ago. Mom with 4 tiny cubs. She was never aggressive all the years she's been around. The dog it attacked im sure had to deserve it as that dog has attacked other dogs on the street in the past. Fish and game killed the bear.
2 days later across town another bear attacked a dog.

Shame to kill the mom of these young cubs. I was hoping to shoot her next October when the cubs were bigger.badd01103a4495d82c9d8f89b754f703.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Surprised they did not do the cubs in also. I remember camping at watkins glen and had a bear and cub in the next site over. The wardens chased them off that day. The next day they returned and were in site across the dirt road from us. They shot and killed both the bear and cub.  

50 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Surprised they did not do the cubs in also. I remember camping at watkins glen and had a bear and cub in the next site over. The wardens chased them off that day. The next day they returned and were in site across the dirt road from us. They shot and killed both the bear and cub.  

People Suck  !!