IGNORED

Fish and Game Council Meeting - September 8

Uh-oh..  From the  May 2020 minutes - and so it begins:

A WMA stamp package is being put together and presented to the Commissioner with the purpose of getting donations from some users that are not license buyers. 

It starts out asking bird-watchers and dog-walkers for donations by getting people to optionally buy a stamp, then it eventually turns into a mandatory stamp and suddenly non-consumptive users become paying users of WMAs who eventually will demand better access and less hunting. Just me paranoidly looking into my crystal ball, that's all...

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Uh-oh..  From the  May 2020 minutes - and so it begins:

It starts out asking bird-watchers and dog-walkers for donations by getting people to optionally buy a stamp, then it eventually turns into a mandatory stamp and suddenly non-consumptive users become paying users of WMAs who eventually will demand better access and less hunting. Just me paranoidly looking into my crystal ball, that's all...

You’re not paranoid that’s exactly what’s happeningYou’re not paranoid that’s exactly what’s happening

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

Bird watchers watching people shoot birds... makes sense :headscratch:

That's my point - once bird-watchers start paying for access, they are going to demand less hunting, "I paid to watch birds - and hunters are killing them. You need to restrict hunting here."

A way around that could be charge a little more for a state park pass with added Benefits of all state land included with disclosure that hunting takes president on what during season and enforce hunter harassment..  but horseback riders have needed a permit for a long time and no ill effects tword hunting that I know of in the sense of trying to limit hunting..  At least at the mill