IGNORED

Going In For Knee Surgery.

Tarhunt

3 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

best of luck John... let us know if you need anything.   @LPJR had the same injury... He can tell you "listen to the doc the first time" as to recovery....

This! ^^^

This injury is no joke. Like I told you tonight on the phone, listen to what they say to do.

Keep the leg brace on at all times while it is healing. This will take some time John....If anything is needed during your recovery, reach out to me anytime buddy. 

Hang in there Bugman. I would help you set up your blind for you. You will keep us posted you know we have your back. 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜😜🐜🐜🐜

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I feel your pain brother. I had recently had surgery on my torn hip labrum because it was killing me with the always present pain in the hip and in the back. When I came out of the surgery, the doctor told me it was much more then just a tear. He fixed the torn labrum, cleaned up a portion that was too thin to repair, and the had to do micro fraction surgery on top of all. The micro fraction surgery is where they drill into the bone marrow to get it to bleed to try to form new cartalage since there was non in that area. It takes 6 full weeks to heal up so I can’t walk on that leg nor bend the knee past 90 degrees. On top of it, I developed a dvi (2 blood clots) in the leg which hurts like a mother and can be very dangerous. I’ve been following my doctors orders to a T yet it happened. I don’t want to hijack the thread but I sure will accept any prayers or good thoughts that you are willing to throw my way! My blessing is, that I retired last year so my situation is much different. Once I’m better, if there is any way that I can help you out, let me know. I’m going insane!!!!! Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel for you buddy. I tore my quad tendon clean off from my knee. Not trying to scare ya but, of my 9 knee surgeries, well, that one stung. Getting blood flow to the area is crucial to the healing of a quad tendon so, doing what they tell you for rehab is key to keeping scar tissue at a minimum which, helps blood flow.  Short story about that surgery. Had it done and came home. Felt great! There was a mid week stock car race at the track I work at that night. Told my wife that I thought I could go on my crutches cuz I felt so good. She said no. So, when she went into the bedroom to lay down for a while, I thought I would just drive around the block and see how it was. I got halfway around and whatever they gave me wore off. I had to call her and my son to come drive my truck home. She was not amused in the slightest. I didn’t go to the races that night....good luck sir!

1 hour ago, 6.5 Swede said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I feel your pain.  I'm scheduled for a knee replacement on 08/20.  Bow season ain't happening for me this year.

You should be good for bow season with no problem if surgery goes well.  I had a double replacement 7/30/14 and could have gone back to work 10/1, but Dr. gave me paperwork till Nov. 1. I just don't climb above 5' anymore, guess I'm just a wimp.

21 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I slipped on some rocks at a customer's house on Monday and tore my quadriceps tendon in my right knee. I have a 95 percent tear. Have to wear a brace for 6 to 8 weeks and then alot of physical therapy. This was my main concern about being self employed and getting hurt. I have no one to fill in for me. Going to suck! 

Good luck with your surgery (hope you have a great surgeon, another issue ) and as others have said, stick to rehab and no matter what listen to what they tell you, it will make a world of difference. I feel for you being in business for yourself. My first injury, I was in a walking brace and back to work 4 hours after tearing my knee apart. Those with "Real" jobs have no idea how lucky they are in that respect. After 30 years, I had to work for someone else and therefore was able to get surgery and a 3 month recuperation layoff.  Good luck