The state website on lists the distances on a few WMA archery ranges. Does anyone know the distance for the archery range at Assunpink? I dabbled in hunting a few years ago and trying to get back into it. Might be frowned upon here, but i use a crossbow and probably need to tweak my scope

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Crossbow is a wonderful weapon :up:
If I remember Clinton goes up to 40 yards
Welcome to the site

And if no one is there bring your own target and extend the range.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

And if no one is there bring your own target and extend the range.

Thats what I did. You just back up and shoot long

Assunpink range is 40yds max if you're using their targets. If you bring your own, you can easily shoot 70yds. I've shot there a number of times.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! :welcome:

No worries on crossbow usage, many of us use them! :up:

Assunpink range wise, I'm not sure on the distance of the existing targets, but the NJDFW regulations state "Archery is for target or practice tips only - No broadheads.".  This seems a little odd considering these are ranges paid for and used by hunters and their guests, and hunters need a way to practice with hunting broadheads.  So I think many read this as the provided targets (usually Excelsior bale targets) are only for practice tips because if you shoot a broadhead into them you aren't getting it back out.  So many people bring their own broadhead targets to shoot at.  You can call the Assunpink office to verify, but you'll see a lot of guys and gals out there shooting their own targets.

Been there every other day this week. Targets provided can be shot up to about 40-45 yards. Bring you're own target and can go as far back as 100yds god willing lol. Just a heads an FYI...it's near impossible to shoot with all the bugs swarming once the sun starts going down. 7pm today the bugs were crazy

Edited by ModernOutdoorsMan