IGNORED

Beginner Bow Hunter

IronBait

1 minute ago, Marksman57 said:

I liked the heritage guild in branch berg. They have a great class for an introduction into archery. They can also set you up for everything you need for a new bow. 

Yea, I spoke with them yesterday. They sounded pretty good and customer service was there. Just wanted to see if anyone had other recommendations in NJ

Do you have any deer hunting experience at all ?   Or are you just starting with getting a bow first, then see if you are ready to hunt?       Many gun hunters make the switch and then forget they ever owned a gun because they love bowhunting so much more.... (like me - 36 years ago).   

By all means - keep reaching out for advice. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

17 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Do you have any deer hunting experience at all ?   Or are you just starting with getting a bow first, then see if you are ready to hunt?       Many gun hunters make the switch and then forget they ever owned a gun because they love bowhunting so much more.... (like me - 36 years ago).   

What kind of bow did you start with 36 years ago?

17 hours ago, bucky said:

Skips Outdoors, Stockton, Hunterdon County

Highly recommend Skips'. They helped get my first bow squared away and installed a new peep sight a few months ago. Great service and great price.

Edited by deletereturnshift

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

No deer hunting experience. Last year was my first season out. Wasn't successful but learned a ton. I did firearm, but I want to get into the bow aspect for the fact that in the lovely state of NJ bow hunting can put more food on the table than the 1 week of firearm lol