BHC

Tactacam Reveal Cell Camera

Just now, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Just ordered 3 last night.
I'm gonna return my spypoints .. they are crap.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Overall I agree with you on the Spypoints....For $60 the Spypoint Cell Link was worth the try....

I have read two negative reviews on the Reveal so far....one was the App the person claims to have issues with it and not getting all pictures, and the other was signal lost.....but cell towers signal strength fluctuates through out the day....which I had no idea until I got my camera and saw the strength go up/down....

Wish it had a built in solar option.  Any idea how you'd hook one up to this cam?

21 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Wish it had a built in solar option.  Any idea how you'd hook one up to this cam?

from my understanding they will have a solar panel soon....it will work like other solar panels on other cams

10 minutes ago, BHC said:

from my understanding they will have a solar panel soon....it will work like other solar panels on other cams

Some are integrated with a rechargeable battery.  Alkaline and lithium ion aren't rechargeable, so I'm guessing it's going to be an external battery pack and solar panel.  

I have 2 spy points no issues may get one more.  Tried the link but got a dud.  Decided will get another micro if any.  

13 minutes ago, BHC said:

Correct

I'm waiting on Tactacam to reply to my question as to if/when a solar panel will be available for the Reveal....I will may opt for a AT&T version so I know it will work in Illinois, the area of Illinois we hunt Verizon service is just down right bad

• Like 2

How much are they the link says out of stock with no price 

$99 from Cabeals/Bass Pro

• Like 1

from my understanding it will take video but it won't send it.....will store videos to SD Card, will send pictures to your phone

• Like 1

Just placed a order for one (Verizon)

Just a heads up, the HME Solar Power Panel 12 v connector does not fit the Reveal by Tactacam external power port.  The port is too small for the HME connector.

• Like 1
  • Disturbing 1

15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Just a heads up, the HME Solar Power Panel 12 v connector does not fit the Reveal by Tactacam external power port.  The port is too small for the HME connector.

Great info, thank you and welcome to the site!  :welcome: