IGNORED

Turkey poults

Bones

Nesting conditions are always the limiting factor with ground nesting birds, not predation.   We had a cold, windy snow event on May 14th.  Those hens sitting on eggs and leaving the nest often will have lost all of their eggs on that one single day.  And we had two prior cold, wet springs.  That is what you are seeing.  It is not too much predation.   Mother Nature never allows the predator/prey relationship to get out of whack.  That is just biology 101.    

On 7/15/2020 at 6:46 PM, Bones said:

Yeah no hunting or trapping ordnance in my town

Is it a no hunting ordinance or no discharge.  If it's no hunting than send an email or letter to the division of fish and wild life as no hunting ordinance are illegal 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, archer36 said:

Saw a Hen with 8 poults a week ago. 

Saw them again today. They are on the Farm by my house. I think they must be crossbred with the Farmer's Domestic Turkeys (if that's possible). The Hen is almost white and the poults are mixed colors. Hard to tell by the pics. There are about 9 of them. 

IMG_20200726_084651138.jpg

IMG_20200726_084621054.jpg

Edited by archer36

Just had a couple hens return with some poults this past week. If you look close there is one that is tiny looks like it was recently hatched. As others said this past spring was very cold and wet so I’m thinking these were bred late after losing their first clutch. 

88FF689B-BFD8-40E8-B729-B7F3C6DD0878.jpeg