IGNORED

New Rod Suggestions

yoda4x4

I'm in the market for a new fishing rod as an upgrade from my current rod (Bass Pro Bionic Blade UL fast 6').  I'll use this rod as a do-it-all rod to fish trout, panfish, and bass.  This rod will be paired up with a Shimano Spirex 2500RE reel that I currently have and really like, and is usually spooled with either 4 or 6 lb test line.  What would you suggest as a replacement rod that's 1) super sensitive, 2) has to be a 1 piece, and 3) preferably be capable of casting 1/32 - 1/4 oz lures?  So far my search has come up with a few options:

1. G Loomis Trout Series (11903-01) TSR691S, 5'9'', 1/32-3/16, 2-6 lb, Fast, Ultra-Light, $255
  2. G Loomis Trout Series (11906-01) TSR792S, 6'7'', 1/16-5/16, 4-8 lb, Fast, Light, $270
  3. St Croix LEGEND ELITE® PANFISH , LEP60ULF, 6',  1/32-3/16, 2-6 lb, Fast, Ultra-Light, $360
  4. St Croix AVID SERIES® SPINNING RODS, AVS60ULF, 6',  1/32-3/16, 2-6 lb, Fast, Ultra-Light, $180

#2 and #4 are my favorites of the bunch, but one of the issues I'm finding is that it's awfully difficult to find any of these in stock anywhere.  In any case, what do you guys think of these?  Which one would serve me the best?  Is there any other rod you'd suggest?  And, where could I buy it?

David

1 hour ago, yoda4x4 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their line up and they don't offer a 1pc ultralight or light rod.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Take a look at the Fenwick eagle series. Nice traditional cork handles.1 piece.I'm not a fan of a two piece in five or six foot either.Snap.:doh2:

https://www.amazon.com/Fenwicks-EA56UL-MS-2-Fenwick-Eagle-

I know dicks is for dicks. Maybe Wally world has them.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/fenwick-eagle-spinning-rod-15fenugl5ft6nl2pcrod/15fenugl5ft6nl2pcrod

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I  have 3 out of the 4 rods you are looking at: #1,#3,#4

my current favorite is the st croix panfish series- but i only use it for crappies ,white perch ,and bluegills, i use my loomis for trout. I’ve caught bass and pickerel on them ,but they are a little light for some of the bigger fish.

i believe you can find most of the rods up at Ramsey outdoors and i know they have most of them at cabelas.

1 hour ago, yoda4x4 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their line up and they don't offer a 1pc ultralight or light rod.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The 6’ and the 6’9” medium light will throw 1/32 to 1/4 Oz lures a mile ..

and they are lighter than most ultralight rods out there .

i use the 6’9 to trout fish everything from 1/32 rooster tails to small rapalas .

by far my favorite rod 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I think at one time there was three Ramsey Stores. I'd liked the one by the gsp.Paramus.They closed and moved to a mini mall that closed, route 10,I don't know if that's still there. So the one up North Route 17 Ramsey is still open?good for them 👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I think at one time there was three Ramsey Stores. I'd liked the one by the gsp.Paramus.They closed and moved to a mini mall that closed, route 10,I don't know if that's still there. So the one up North Route 17 Ramsey is still open?good for them 👍

Ramsey got bumped out of their Paramus store several years ago so Gold's Gym could take over the entire building, but they still have their original Ramsey store and their big Succasunna store which replaced their old Ledgewood store that was around the corner.    

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Ramsey got bumped out of their Paramus store several years ago so Gold's Gym could take over the entire building, but they still have their original Ramsey store and their big Succasunna store which replaced their old Ledgewood store that was around the corner.    

ramsey at succasuanna was my go to place. nice selection of gear. now that i moved, cabelas is only 2 min farther the ramsey. i went to cabelas last weekend. fishing section was still loaded with gear and the fly shop was fully stocked. i wish the food court would open. their all you can eat breakfast buffet was my favorite lol. breakfast, buy fishing stuff, home by 11 and go fishing. they are a simms dealer like ramsey so thats a plus in my book. 

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

For an old Family owned business they try and keep decent stock .

and during sales their prices are decent .

Their cast and blast weekend draws a good local crowd at Succasunna

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/