Like many I have trolled this site and first answered an ad for a used lawnmower... 

finally with this rain I have a chance to introduce myself I just turned 48 in May. Married with 3 girls and yes they all have bows lol... served in the MARINES from 92-96 best time of my life

this past year has been ruff wife was diagnosed with breast cancer 

While trolling I have read about other cancer diagnosis to families effected on here I have shared the stories with my girls and have prayed for your families blessings to you all.

my best buck was this past season no less on VETERANS DAY!!!!!!

fighting my old age I’m living life thru my peep sight and a verifier and I’m on the strongest magnification now #9 so I know my time with a bow maybe coming to and end...

looking forward to contributing on here ,for from a scholar or wordsmith But I do love HUNTING 

• Like 22

welcome, hope you enjoy your time here

God Bless your wife , thank you for your service 

Welcome aboard.  Great group of people to learn from, share with and laugh with!!!  Prayers for your wife and family.  I am also a dad of 3 girls and 2 started shooting just recently (1 Xbow and 1 compound).  Cheers:pepsi:

Welcome MM and sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis.  I'm a survivor myself.  27 years this coming December 3rd.  And 48 isn't old (I'm 55)  :)  

Welcome aboard Monster!!

Nice intro!!

Thoughts and prayers for a healthy recovery for your wife!!

Nice job raising 3 daughter archers!!

And....thank you for your honor and serving this great country!!

Look forward to your posts and contributions!!

Now.....let's see a pic of that special Veterans Day Buck!!!!

My wife is going for her fourth and final chemo treatment next Thursday - and after that radiation starts.  She's been tolerating things as well as could be expected.

Let me say this to those that may be fighting cancer now - some food for thought. When she first got diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago (right at the start of the corona fiasco) - I thought what a horrible time to get diagnosed with cancer with this new virus floating around and the lockdown and all. But now that it has been several months, I actually think it was a big blessing in disguise for the two things to coincide -- to be diagnosed right when corona hit.

First, you were going to be forced to sit at home anyway - so it's not like she's losing out on doing things - corona shutdown everything anyway.

Second, when she had to schedule her operation, all elective surgeries were not allowed at the time - so we actually think she got in for her lumpectomy FASTER because of corona because any elective surgeries scheduled ahead of her was canceled. She got the operation I think within 2 weeks of the diagnosis - which seems fast. The hospital was sparse with not a lot of unessential people around and they were extremely careful with controlling any outbreak of the virus - so that helped her, too, to avoid complications from infections from the operation and being in the hospital.

And third (most importantly) - it is as if the entire world is protecting themselves from spreading germs just so my wife doesn't get sick :) I mean, what is better for a person with a compromised immune system (aka chemo patients) than for the entire world to shutdown, social distance themselves, and wear masks, and hospitals and doctors offices not letting anyone in except essential people and patients - keeping everyone else out. That helps protect not only from getting corona but from every other germ and virus.

So, not that I wish she got cancer, but if she was going to get it - now seems to be the ideal time to get that treated and taken care of!

So - gotta see the silver lining! God might be working in mysterious ways ;) And thanks to everyone here who are socially distancing and wearing masks - me and my wife appreciate it :) 

• Like 4

Welcome to the site, great introduction!  Also sorry to hear about your wife, wishing her and your family the best.

Welcome to the site, prayers sent for your wife and family

Welcome to the site Monster!

Welcome to the site & thank you for your service!
Very sorry to hear about your wife & hope she is well! But kudos to raising three young lady archers! I myself am a lady archer/hunter & I wish I would’ve got started younger in life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site. F*** cancer btw. Until it hits a close family member, you will never know the hell of it. Each day is a blessing. Most of us forget that. 

Welcome to the site.Thank you for your Service.Thoughts and prayers to your wife.