IGNORED

Newark watershed, E-bikes

Gman

I would doubt they have a policy since there seem to be so few e-bikes.  But you can call their offices and ask.  I used to mountain bike past lots of Newark patrolmen back in the day and they never said anything.  But they did chase motorized dirt bikes and quads.  I would think they wouldn't know you are on an e-bike versus just a regular mountain bike.   

Someone on here just did a lot of research on this and eventually purchased an E-bike. There's at least one recent thread on it if you search. I do not know if E-bike legality on Newark Watershed was explicitly addressed but I know the legality on WMAs and other public land was. Maybe that person knows. I forget who it was though.

UPDATE: I think the person I'm thinking of is @06roadking

Edited by mazzgolf

39 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

No e-bikes or mountain bikes allowed in the watershed.  Walk in/ hiking only.  You would never know this by the amount of atv riding, so annoying!

thanks, can you tell me how you found this or did you call?

I wouldn't worry about whether or not it's legal.  The place is loaded with ATV riders and people four wheeler with their trucks.

There is so enforcement of any of the stupid rules there. The entire staff consists of those two grumpy old guys in the office and a few young women who help out issuing permits. 

There's really no reason to get the permit. I see vehicles parked there often with no permit sticker.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, mazzgolf said:

Someone on here just did a lot of research on this and eventually purchased an E-bike. There's at least one recent thread on it if you search. I do not know if E-bike legality on Newark Watershed was explicitly addressed but I know the legality on WMAs and other public land was. Maybe that person knows. I forget who it was though.

UPDATE: I think the person I'm thinking of is @06roadking

Not me...

On 7/10/2020 at 6:50 PM, 230jhp said:

I wouldn't worry about whether or not it's legal.  The place is loaded with ATV riders and people four wheeler with their trucks.

There is so enforcement of any of the stupid rules there. The entire staff consists of those two grumpy old guys in the office and a few young women who help out issuing permits. 

There's really no reason to get the permit. I see vehicles parked there often with no permit sticker. I used to turkey hunt farney Park,guys are driving trucks and dirt bikes on the logging roads you can go to Newark watershed and buy a permit, certainly e bikes must be allowed,the one that has experience with e-bikes is Slayer 1962

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt