IGNORED

Drive-in movie

Thanks, Bob.  Too far for me and don't have a date.   Wonder how many here have had to lay on the roof while out with an older sibling and their date?  My father always had a station wagon, pulled in backwards, so as kids we got to watch while in bed.

Cool!!

Will be hitting the drive in for the 16th yr in Wellfleet, MA during our cape cod vacation!!  A highlight of the trip for the lil ones.....n the teenagers. Really is a special, old school way to watch a movie and glad my kids enjoy it so much.

But....no new flicks are out this yr due to the public health crisis....so they are rolling classics like Ghostbusters n JAWS!!  Lol

They are doing a drive in movie night here in Mount Olive this coming weekend, I think.  I grew up in West Milford which borders Warwick, NY where there remains a drive in that now has more screens than when I was in high school.  We had some great times there over the years! 

34 minutes ago, BHC said:

I'll go and stick my wife and kids in the trunk :rofl:

Those were the happy days. Gas $0.30 a gallon.six of us had enough money to pay for the gas but not enough money to pay for the movie. So we came up with a plan. 2 in the car 4 in the trunk. Don't remember the name of the place this was 23 southbound just before Willowbrook. Well we made it to the gate we got stopped by the Gestapo lady. Made me open the trunk, Hadda use a key back then. busted!!!!!.. went out and bought a lift kit for the rear end the next day.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, BHC said:

date night....damn you boys have fun

Hey homie don't go that way no touching no feely!!:letsparty:

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

we use to goto the one in Little Ferry....first time my best friend and I got drunk, we where 8 years old....both of our sister's took us and left us alone in the car and we found the beer in the trunk movie was AMERICAN WAREWOLF IN LONDON. got home my mother was yelling and crying, my father was laughing,and I was puking  :rofl::rofl:

18 minutes ago, BHC said:

we use to goto the one in Little Ferry....first time my best friend and I got drunk, we where 8 years old....both of our sister's took us and left us alone in the car and we found the beer in the trunk movie was AMERICAN WAREWOLF IN LONDON. got home my mother was yelling and crying, my father was laughing,and I was puking  :rofl::rofl:

That's f****** funny.

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Cool!!

Will be hitting the drive in for the 16th yr in Wellfleet, MA during our cape cod vacation!!  A highlight of the trip for the lil ones.....n the teenagers. Really is a special, old school way to watch a movie and glad my kids enjoy it so much.

But....no new flicks are out this yr due to the public health crisis....so they are rolling classics like Ghostbusters n JAWS!!  Lol

They place is really cool in Wellfleet. I typically stay just North of there in Truro.

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

They place is really cool in Wellfleet. I typically stay just North of there in Truro.

Yep!!  Truro is where we rent!!  Just past ice cream joint!!  Been in the same house for bout 10 yrs. Started 16 yrs ago n rented in Eastham....too busy....n kept moving up til we found this quiet street.