IGNORED

Working for a living sucks

smittty

1 minute ago, smittty said:

After taking 18 months off I decided it was time to go back. Well let me just say this work crap sucks. Should of listen to my parents and went to school 

If you listened , you would have half what you have today .

suck it up Buttercup, your new schedule is a dream .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

If you listened , you would have half what you have today .

suck it up Buttercup, your new schedule is a dream .

Yea I still would like to be home every nite. Lot of traveling dan. More then what I thought 

Edited by smittty

Make the best of it.  Embrace the good points. Might take a while to get used to it again.  I finally got used to being retired after 10 years.  Hated the travel, but missed the people and the feeling of doing something constructive everyday.

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Make the best of it.  Embrace the good points. Might take a while to get used to it again.  I finally got used to being retired after 10 years.  Hated the travel, but missed the people and the feeling of doing something constructive everyday.

I just started my 18th year of retirement and have not missed one day of commuting or working !   A few people I do miss but my dogs have filled that gap. And as far as being productive, I still am but in other areas. I'm really glad I put my nose to the proverbial grindstone and worked my butt off for all those years, without a break, which allowed me to be able to pack it in at 60.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

5 hours ago, MRMCR said:

" You're young and got your health , What do you want to work for ? "...........( guess the movie and who said it) .....

Evele (or, however its spelled) in Raising Arizona.

That movie cracks me up.

Edited by Jim_

2 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

I just started my 18th year of retirement and have not missed one day of commuting or working !   A few people I do miss but my dogs have filled that gap. And as far as being productive, I still am but in other areas. I'm really glad I put my nose to the proverbial grindstone and worked my butt off for all those years, without a break, which allowed me to be able to pack it in at 60.

I retired at 55, not that I had planned on going out that early.  The company I worked for was horrible toward their workers so I was glad to get out, but it still was hard for me to adjust.  Working on a farm/rifle range for a few years afterwards saved my sanity and got me out of a deep depression.  I enjoyed putting up fencing, planting orchards, and building pens, bridges, digging ponds, etc.  Still do tree jobs with my son, but I don't want to work for anyone else.  Don't have to work, or worry about health insurance and expenses anymore.  I've finally wound down enough to enjoy my retirement.

14.5 months and I retire.....Sometime in January 2021 I will submit my retirement paperwork I can go as early as October, but if I go at the end of the year I can cash out my vacation days and use it as down payment on a new truck (not ford) which I promised myself when I got hired I would treat myself too 

10 hours ago, allmann said:

Was always told to do what you love and it won't seem like work. I have been very fortunate to do what I love to do, but some days it is tough to get out of bed. Especially the last few months. 

I always say do what you can tolerate. I love hunting, fishing, relaxing. I work to pay bills and I can only do it if I don’t hate the work I’m doing.