IGNORED

Raccoon in attic

Just got off the phone with my wife and there is a raccoon in the attic of the beach house.  The beach house is in Beach Haven West does anyone on here take care of this or know anyone that does?

10 minutes ago, Happy said:

Just got off the phone with my wife and there is a raccoon in the attic of the beach house.  The beach house is in Beach Haven West does anyone on here take care of this or know anyone that does?

.22 solves most critter issues  but in the attic either a trap or a high power pellet gun

www.liftxrentals.com

i had a major problem with them couple years ago. most likely its a female raccoon looking for a spot to give birth. 

try setting a cage trap up there first. 

my first set in the crawl space caught the mother. 

then opened the chimney and caught 3 babies

all caught in two nights with tuna fish cans and maple syrup inside the cages

KIMG0466.thumb.JPG.db390af68cc31e347416893ce28a6f2b.JPG

KIMG0576.thumb.JPG.eedb2b4d2d37a0275896866b4f0dd089.JPG

FYI the mother raccoon was not happy to see me. i was pretty sure she was gonna bust out the cage and rip my face off. next time this happens im calling someone. it really wasnt a pleasant experience. 

i use to trap raccoons in the woods. but a mother raccoon with babies in the house is another ball game. 

It actually climbed the gutter and chewed threw the outside of the house.  I work tomorrow but a 22 bird shot would work for me.  She did call someone and he said he can’t remove it if there’s a den. 

3 minutes ago, Kype said:

FYI the mother raccoon was not happy to see me. i was pretty sure she was gonna bust out the cage and rip my face off. next time this happens im calling someone. it really wasnt a pleasant experience. 

i use to trap raccoons in the woods. but a mother raccoon with babies in the house is another ball game. 

Next time throw a blanket over the cage and then carry it away.  Keeps them calm.

Just now, Happy said:

It actually climbed the gutter and chewed threw the outside of the house.  I work tomorrow but a 22 bird shot would work for me.  She did call someone and he said he can’t remove it if there’s a den. 

you or anybody else wont see the den. the den is in the walls, soffit, anywhere. 

its a crappy situation, i have been there. try trapping them yourself like i did and relocate them 25 miles away. worked for me. just please keep in mind, the mother will be pissed. it was nothing like i ever saw from a wild animal. 

Coons give birth in April or May. Most likely not a pregnant female. Use a trap. Shooting one inside will make a mess. If you use a Havaheart trap be careful. They are garbage and a coon can tear that thing up.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Those dam things poop everywhere and it aint small..........and theyll tear you up......cover yourself with something heavy from head to toe and go in for the kill.......spear it..........( to  make it a spirit ) .................

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE