IGNORED

Fishing the Cape

flukebelly

Just got back from a full week of fishing up at my favorite fishing destination...Cape Cod. The fishing was outstanding  in both the salt ponds for stripers and freshwater for just about everything. Here are a few of many pics...

huge bluegills- all 10 to 12 inches- all day. Made a hell of a fish fry !

54FF3AC2-FC0C-4B3C-8387-05C4505CBD9B.jpeg

C6361790-4070-4DA6-99F0-AC0ADB7A7A73.jpeg

Whoah!!  Great pics and holy bull gill!!

We go up there soon n I fish mostly in the ponds n sometimes the Canal for stripers. Used to kayak for bluefish off Race point/Herring cove at tip of cape.....but bluefish would bleed too much n my kayak is camo like a seal!!  Dont wana be JAWS food!!

Were u in lower or mid cape?

41 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

We fish mid cape- Dennis through Chatham.

unfortunatley the seals are starting to move up the salt rivers now too... we had one at the very top of the bass river chasing schoolies. Sharks cant be far behind...

Yep. Nice ponds thru that area. I remember a guy at Goose Hummock tackle shop saying there are 300+ glacial formed kettle ponds on the cape!

There is a book called “ the innermost waters “ that lists ponds and lakes all over the cape- the author claims that there are over 900 ponds and lakes !

as for Goose Hummock- that store has more of my money than cabelas ! Just picked up a 6’8” light action Shimano Zodias spinning rod , plus more lures that i’ll never get around to using.

cant wait to drag these for fluke...

916E227F-763D-42D3-8A7A-B6AC2E51B8BB.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I’ll be up in Mashpee later this month visiting friends that now live on a lake there. We will be striper fishing the Vineyard, but my buddy tells me the lake is great fishing as well. Nice ‘gills and bass! 

Try this restaurant...one of the best on the Cape. My buddy's sisters' restaurant. http://www.bleurestaurant.com/

2 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Try this restaurant...one of the best on the Cape. My buddy's sisters' restaurant. http://www.bleurestaurant.com/

There will be no restaurants for me until the pandemic is done, unfortunately.  But I will check with my buddy and wife that now live on Cape to see if they know it.  Thanks for the recommendation.  

Just looked and my buddy is within a mile or so of that restaurant, so I'm sure he knows it.  Looks nice.  

Edited by Bucksnbows