IGNORED

Need central air guy in sussex

Psehunter

My a/c unit took a shit last night , you know at the right time. 90 deg days and holiday weekend is perfect for this:rant:....anyway I got it fixed today but my unit is 11 years old and the repair guy told me that it's on its last leg and I should consider replacing it soon . (Service guy has been telling me the same for the past 2 years) so I'm looking for some quotes and what my options are, I'd like to try and give the work to a member from here if possible or if anyone can recommend someone honest and reliable. 

I have a 3.5 ton system with r-22 right now , anyone have one replaced recently ? Any idea what price range I should be looking at with anyone who gives me a quote?? 

Really like Jim @ Energy Solutions...   Very responsive, very good and fair, will not take advantage of any situation.

I believe he is Franklin/Sussex/Harydston/Hamburg area but he comes out to Newton area for me...

862-266-7534

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

17 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

so I'm looking for some quotes and what my options are, I'd like to try and give the work to a member from here if possible or if anyone can recommend someone honest and reliable.  

Steve Orson is an officer with NJSFSC Sussex County. Used to be, at least.     … Precision Heating & Air Conditioning … 973 398-6600  . His office is in Randolph, but he lives and works in Sussex County.

Good luck.

I hate to scare you but you usually end up replacing compressor and air handler. I replaced mine 3 years ago and I did not have a quote under $7k

My moms friend did it for me as a favor for $2.5k,
good part it’s a one day job

Edited by Lunatic

14 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Steve Orson is an officer with NJSFSC Sussex County. Used to be, at least.     … Precision Heating & Air Conditioning … 973 398-6600  . His office is in Randolph, but he lives and works in Sussex County.

Good luck.

Spoke to Steve yesterday, he is backed up big time, just started working this week and has no openings until the 17th.  Otherwise he would be my first choice. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Thanks guys I wrote those guys down and will give them a call. My a/c is working now since they fixed it so at the moment I'm in no hurry but want to start shopping around and getting prices. If I can keep this one going I'll look into pulling the trigger in the fall so it's done for next summer

48 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I hate to scare you but you usually end up replacing compressor and air handler. I replaced mine 3 years ago and I did not have a quote under $7k

My moms friend did it for me as a favor for $2.5k,
good part it’s a one day job

Ouch...back about 15 years ago I worked for a sheet metal guy and we installed duct work and the handlers so I know how to do all that , if I get high prices Ill just swap everything myself and just hire someone to come charge the new system  but I rather just have someone do the job from start to finish . ( Haven't talked to or seen the guy I worked for years now and he's moved otherwise I'd be calling him )

6 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Ouch...back about 15 years ago I worked for a sheet metal guy and we installed duct work and the handlers so I know how to do all that , if I get high prices Ill just swap everything myself and just hire someone to come charge the new system  but I rather just have someone do the job from start to finish . ( Haven't talked to or seen the guy I worked for years now and he's moved otherwise I'd be calling him )

They had to do some sheet metal work to adopt to be air handler, but nothing major. Things are crazy expensive. I had the entire system put in about 15 years ago, including duct work for $2,500