IGNORED

West Branch of the Delaware success.

Njpddet

Are those browns wild? I thought that was a stocked river.

The West Branch is all natural and there are tons of fish is most areas. In my experience, the small ones are easy (and I stink) but the medium and jumbo size are extra extra smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Njpddet said:

The West Branch is all natural and there are tons of fish is most areas. In my experience, the small ones are easy (and I stink) but the medium and jumbo size are extra extra smart.

The west branch has both stocked and wild fish it gets a very generous amount of browns every year. 

I was a member of a hunting club in Deposit for many years, 800 acres and access to west branch, I forgot how many fish we caught. Love it up there, if the winters weren't so brutal I'd relocate. 

1 hour ago, hemlock said:

The west branch has both stocked and wild fish it gets a very generous amount of browns every year. 

Actually, it is not stocked below the Cannonsville reservoir, but NY state does stock some into Oquaga Creek which flows into the WBD by the Deposit sewer treatment plant. Otherwise it’s all wild fish. The rainbows are only wild. 

I have been reading this since yesterday and can’t agree more with everything that has been stated. I just got home from being up there for the past couple of days. 

As Brian stated try the threaders the do help even though I always forget mine. Also always use scissors or vey sharp nippers before trying to thread those smaller flies. 

Most of the bigger bugs are now done so it’s really getting technical. Lower water smaller bugs and fish that have been pounded for 2.5 months. I love it!! Can’t wait to go again this weekend. 

I have been reading this since yesterday and can’t agree more with everything that has been stated. I just got home from being up there for the past couple of days. 

As Brian stated try the threaders the do help even though I always forget mine. Also always use scissors or vey sharp nippers before trying to thread those smaller flies. 

Most of the bigger bugs are now done so it’s really getting technical. Lower water smaller bugs and fish that have been pounded for 2.5 months. I love it!! Can’t wait to go again this weekend. 

I so agree. I’ll be off my feet for a few weeks due to the surgery but as soon as I can, I’ll be back up there.

The west branch above the tailwater at cannonsville gets stocked but below in the tailrace does not. And you can see the numbers on the DEC website it's a lot of fish. I was making a point that there are both stocked and wild fish in it. Maybe one day I will learn how to catch those browns in the Delaware that would be fun.