IGNORED

Unclog plumbing vent stack from inside?

Swamp_Yankee

On 7/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, mikejd said:

Very unlikely the wax ring. if it was you would most likely have a leak. Is this just a 3 piece bath? bowl, tub and  lav.

That's what I thought also-yes, full bath with a sink, toilet and tub/shower.  Well here's the interesting part-the smell seems to have dissapeared.  I'm going to give the sink and tub traps a good cleaning and call it a day.  I checked the toilet flange and its solidly mounted to the floor, no leaks etc...

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

On 7/2/2020 at 4:52 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

That's what I thought also-yes, full bath with a sink, toilet and tub/shower.  Well here's the interesting part-the smell seems to have dissapeared.  I'm going to give the sink and tub traps a good cleaning and call it a day.  I checked the toilet flange and its solidly mounted to the floor, no leaks etc...

Sorry for the delay. Good luck.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, mikejd said:

What type of pipes in the house.

Very unlikely the wax ring. if it was you would most likely have a leak. Is this just a 3 piece bath? bowl, tub and  lav.

good point. but many times you cant see a leak. like when people install floors over floors. it happens. the bowl is leaking but you dont know it because its leaking under the other floor. 

thats what happen in my case. some genious decieded to install tile over another floor. the cheap fix was an extra thick wax ring, instead of me ripping out two floors. 

someday yes i will. now. no. 

its important to double check the new ring to be sure its still not leaking otherwise your just buying time. best bet is to buy 2 wax rings(extra thick). one to test. and one for the fix.