bucky

The parties over!!!

went fishing along south branch with my son Sunday. It was hot, and I can not blame anyone for getting out and enjoying a swim or being around family and friends along the river in 3 bridges, neshanic etc. Almost every bridge crossing was a party of an easy 20-30 cars. Yea if people can not pack in and pack out what they bring then towns/county should educate on the issue and if failure to abide then issue littering tickets or parking on the road tickets. Was'nt like anyone i encountered was not nice or polite enough, I just don't think its ingrained to clean up. As far as fishing licensses, hard to believe that the ones fishing had them when they were using poles better suited for the ocean then a small river. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have to be missing something. You said absence of good access is a problem and then you wrote a post about good access resulting in increase use and pollution. What am I missing? Not looking for a fight or argument but I don’t get it

I think you are not reading correctly.

My original post said " i really wish townships wouldnt increase access"

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Scotty155 said:

I really wish the townships wouldnt improve access to alot of these places..thats in part where the problem begins.  Neshanic station now has  a trail along the river.  Not surprisingly now  have seen a significant increase in trash along the banks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotty155 said:

how am i contradicting myself?

I think you may be misunderstanding. 

Increased access has resulted in increased trash / litter in this location.

I spent my childhood and young adult years on the south branch in neshanic. There were no trailheads, no parking lots, no trash bins along the river(except for sunday flea market)  We would spend nearly every summer day on the river, canoeing, hiking through brush, jumping off cliffs, rope swings and enjoying the relatively unspoiled natural resources, all the while respecting the environment. 

Fast forward a decade and now there  are parking lots, overflowing trash bins with garbage spewing out in all directions. Local ordinance signs with no real enforcement reinforcing the regulations.

Somerset county has made access easier into this location. More people have taken advantage of the ease of access and the abundance of trash has followed. From my perspective there seems to be a severe lack of trash collection in the organized trash area and a lack of law enforcement throughout the newly developed area.

the parking lot they put in where the old flea market use to be made it much worse. i moved out of neshanic last year but lived on pearl street for 5 years. great little town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotty155 said:

I think you are not reading correctly.

I give up!

Posted (edited)

WOULD NOT... Thats what your'e missing luny, I think your'e reading it as would:up:

Edited by bucky

22 minutes ago, bucky said:

WOULD NOT... Thats what your'e missing luny, I think your'e reading it as would:up:

I think you are right, speed reading got me in trouble. My apology 

Can anyone please pm  me the name and address of the guy who was in charge of the clean up   Thanks