bucky

The parties over!!!

Posted (edited)

What a shame.  It's like a third world country.

That's a part of the big problem, they want come here and live our lives but they want to bring their cultures,religions,behaviors,etc...  with them:doh2:  They should leave it all behind, enjoy and respect their new life's in our country

Edited by bucky
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

When I participated with the jersey stream team from Duke Island Park down to Somerville we pulled over 450 tires alone out of the Raritan River. Seeing this kind of stuff happen around our river banks is a real problem and the towns need to step up enforcement. Otherwise the river will be the same in a few years. I got to say that when we did our cleanups the local towns municipal departments of Bridgewater Somerville  and Raritan brought hoppers and helped clean and dispose of all the material we pulled out of that river

this is something i would enjoy volunteering for. pm me for details

• Like 1

If you care about the outdoors and the environment at all this has to make you sick!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Kype said:

where?

elm street bridge to blackpoint

Edited by Scotty155
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

elm street bridge to blackpoint

oh yes, thats been there for years. 

As crazy as this state is I am surprised they did not ticket the guy for cleaning up. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, bucky said:

My buddy just drove by and said there was a lot of law enforcement in the area, I would say the parties over:up:

thats great. but its a shame because the partiers will find a new place to destroy. 

8 hours ago, CJ3a said:

As crazy as this state is I am surprised they did not ticket the guy for cleaning up. 

Was thinking similarly.....he will probably get a ticket in the mail for using his tractor on county property!!

• Agree 2

Those clean up volunteers should receive the NJ Woods and Waters Conservation Award............

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Scotty155 said:

I really wish the townships wouldnt improve access to alot of these places..thats in part where the problem begins.  Neshanic station now has  a trail along the river.  Not surprisingly now  have seen a significant increase in trash along the banks. 

Well aren't you contradicting yourself? Accees is a problem but access at Neshanic resulted in more trash.

You should be able to gather on public property.

Personal responsibility should mean clean up after yourself. It starts at home.

Issue citations for littering.

These problems are not unique.  We can have nice things and freedom as long as we cherish whatbit means. It means personal responsibility.  Those that do not have personal responsibility and use the outdoors like a trash can should be fined.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Well aren't you contradicting yourself? Accees is a problem but access at Neshanic resulted in more trash.

how am i contradicting myself?

I think you may be misunderstanding. 

Increased access has resulted in increased trash / litter in this location.

I spent my childhood and young adult years on the south branch in neshanic. There were no trailheads, no parking lots, no trash bins along the river(except for sunday flea market)  We would spend nearly every summer day on the river, canoeing, hiking through brush, jumping off cliffs, rope swings and enjoying the relatively unspoiled natural resources, all the while respecting the environment. 

Fast forward a decade and now there  are parking lots, overflowing trash bins with garbage spewing out in all directions. Local ordinance signs with no real enforcement reinforcing the regulations.

Somerset county has made access easier into this location. More people have taken advantage of the ease of access and the abundance of trash has followed. From my perspective there seems to be a severe lack of trash collection in the organized trash area and a lack of law enforcement throughout the newly developed area.

Edited by Scotty155
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

how am i contradicting myself?

I think you may be misunderstanding. 

Increased access has resulted in increased trash / litter in this location.

I spent my childhood and young adult years on the south branch in neshanic. There were no trailheads, no parking lots, no trash bins along the river(except for sunday flea market)  We would spend nearly every summer day on the river, canoeing, hiking through brush, jumping off cliffs, rope swings and enjoying the relatively unspoiled natural resources, all the while respecting the environment. 

Fast forward a decade and now there  are parking lots, overflowing trash bins with garbage spewing out in all directions. Local ordinance signs with no real enforcement reinforcing the regulations.

Somerset county has made access easier into this location. More people have taken advantage of the ease of access and the abundance of trash has followed. From my perspective there seems to be a severe lack of trash collection in the organized trash area and a lack of law enforcement throughout the newly developed area.

I have to be missing something. You said absence of good access is a problem and then you wrote a post about good access resulting in increase use and pollution. What am I missing? Not looking for a fight or argument but I don’t get it